Montesa- Honda frame

montesa pierre

Have enjoyed green laning in Cornwall for the past years until put the 81' Montesa 248 Cota in a river. Frame broken !!!!!!!!!. Now have a Montesa Honda Frame to replace the damaged article. Frame Number MH349 -00634. Has anybody got any info on to its production date. Have exhausted my brain cells going down the Jim Sandiford, Honda uk route to no avail. If you have a frame number near mine your date of production/registration would help me to get a Reconstructed Registration number.

If the frame number starts with 51M  then production of  the 349 model started in 1979 so with a number like 00634 it's going to be a late 79 early 1980 production number. You can check it out on the Southwest Montesa site, or search a similar post on here regarding 348/349 production dates for road registering. 

16 hours ago, pro sport said:

If the frame number starts with 51M  then production of  the 349 model started in 1979 so with a number like 00634 it's going to be a late 79 early 1980 production number. You can check it out on the Southwest Montesa site, or search a similar post on here regarding 348/349 production dates for road registering. 

Thank you for the information but I'm trying to find the production date/production numbers of the Montesa-Honda MH349  produced between 1982-1984

Thank you