How old are we ?

daggs888

How old are we ? What is the average age of a club rider ?   

125 members have voted

1. 1. What is the age of our riders ?

• Under 20
    • 20 -30
    • 30 -40
    • 40 -50
    • 50 +

This year is my 54th year of trialing and last year when I rode the Manx Two Day it was 50 years since I first rode it - 1966 to 2016 and I have entered it again this year. It was a 250 Royal Enfield Crusader that I rode in 1966 and a Beta in 2016. (I actually think I rode the Manx in 1965 but can't prove it from old programmes).

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, hillary said:

This year is my 54th year of trialing and last year when I rode the Manx Two Day it was 50 years since I first rode it - 1966 to 2016 and I have entered it again this year. It was a 250 Royal Enfield Crusader that I rode in 1966 and a Beta in 2016. (I actually think I rode the Manx in 1965 but can't prove it from old programmes).

Respect......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hillary said:

Impressive and a genuine pre 65 rider, I've mucked around for over 40 years ride more now than I ever did.

• Like 4

By the look of that bar chart it would appear that people actually only become fit enough to ride trials after they reach the age of 50or after 50 they have enough free time and money to do it.  or after the age of 50 more people spend their time on forums.

Or could be there are fewer younger followers of Trials Central or worse motor cycle trials riding is going out of style.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, micm said:

By the look of that bar chart it would appear that people actually only become fit enough to ride trials after they reach the age of 50or after 50 they have enough free time and money to do it.  or after the age of 50 more people spend their time on forums.

Or could be there are fewer younger followers of Trials Central or worse motor cycle trials riding is going out of style.

You are spot on here , wish there had been a 60-70 option. Anyhow, we are a declining sport with less and less places to ride and a very small under 20's vote , less than 2% under 20 and more than 60% 50+ ! ... what will things look like in three decades ? 

I agree youngsters are a problem mainly because you need a committed parent as well.

Still making plenty 40+ new riders up here even though that's probably the age that most Scots are ready for the scrapheap.

No shortage of land up here or riders for that matter but I still think the old dour stop start walking all the sections set up is a bit past it.

Must be something better that would attract younger folk.

3 hours ago, breagh said:

Must be something better that would attract younger folk.

Well, a friend's son is a MX fiend at 15 years of age and he does find trials "boring" ... like his Dad says, if they did rules like Junior Kickstart where there was a timer he'd be there like a shot!

1 hour ago, turbofurball said:

Well, a friend's son is a MX fiend at 15 years of age and he does find trials "boring" ... like his Dad says, if they did rules like Junior Kickstart where there was a timer he'd be there like a shot!

Boring to watch, or boring to ride ?

• Like 1