Which Bike To Keep?

ridered125

I ride in the US and have a 1987 Beta TR 34 and a Fantic 240 Pro. One has to go as I set the spring lineup of bikes to ride this year. I am not a serious trials rider. Go to a 2-4 meets a year, ride novice and in my yard. I do it because it's fun and it helps so much with enduro, hare scrambles etc.

Both bikes are in about the same shape. The Fantic my be a little nicer. The Beta is the best balancing bike and is a better pure trials bike. I think parts are much harder to find though. Worry that a crank or ignition failure might finish off the Beta.

I like to ride really technical trails with lots of logs, off camber tight turns. Might run 12-14 miles in an afternoon. Sort of endurocross like, and the Fantic is fun in that element, better than the Beta

My mind changes daily on which one to let go and keeping both isn't an option or practical. Looking for input on which bike is best to keep.

84 Fantic.jpg

Beta.jpg

You might be surprised, tshock, to find how parts can be hard to get for fairly modern bikes.  Things like mudguards and ignitions just as an example.

Sometimes the twinshock stuff can be easier to find as there is enough of a market to make it worthwhile for someone to manufacture them.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke
  • Like 1

Actually I think the Beta is the better bike if you are riding with a modern club. I think you should keep both, that way you should always have one running, The Fantic will sell quick and the Beta might never sell. I`ve had a TR33 for sale for over a year and no takers.

Very difficult.

The Fantic is already a twinshock and a classic bike so here you have a bright future in terms of sale.

The Beta just turned 30 now beeing aclassic bike but still no major classes and class mates ahead. No bright future in the short term sales wise.

I think the Beta will rise significant in the long run (next 5 years or after 2020) if you can wait so long. Just now no one need this bike really.

I too would keep both and as later you sell the Beta as more you will get.

And yes ... I have a Beta TR34 too ...

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input. Very nice forum.

Leaning toward rolling the Fantic. I feel better on the Beta when riding trials and I need to use my other bikes (RM 250, DRZ 250) for the really technical trails we ride sometimes. It even may be wrong thrash the Fantic in that stuff. But man that Fantic is great in that element. Riding buddies are falling down and picking up their bikes and that Fantic is just going through everything.

• Like 2