Algarve trials?

hyndy55

19 hours ago, hyndy55 said:

Hi,

Possibly a bit of a long shot, looking for information regarding any trials clubs/groups in southern Portugal.

THANKS

Hello there don't tell me you're homesick.

You're certainly missed.

Hope you and the boss are well maybe see you sometime when it's hotter.

Cheers the noo.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I don't think there's any trials club in Portugal. There is a Trials School in Lousã in the center of Portugal, near Coimbra. The majority of the trials riders are in the north, near Porto and Braga.

And, then, there's me and my small Group in the middle of the Atlantic...in Azores

Edited by ruixina

On 1/24/2017 at 10:21 PM, oni nou said:

From a quick search I get the feeling that MX/ Enduro is more their bag. Looks like you are the first founding member of your new trials club in the Algarve plus by the sound of it your the new Trials shop owner in the area to create growth. Exciting times for you and you have full control of the way the sections are set out to suit you personally.....Good luck.

Spain is just over the border maybe you can find something there, If the above is not what your after.

Thank for the advice, looks like I may come first in a trial rather than last. Happy days

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder why there are no trials clubs in the Algarve region. I've been trail riding here for the last few days,its wonderful countryside,endless oppertunities. All the locals smile and wave as you ride past. I can't imagine it would be too hard to find a landowner willing to host an event. 

Economy as much as anything and history i suppose. First went to portugal in 1979 and they had either just joined EU or were about to. They had oxon in fields and an abundance of beggars at stations and in the cities. A very diverse and two tier wealth were very poor and very rich. I just imagine that there has never been much oppourtunity to ride trials as they sort of missed the 70,s boom.

Turkey and so many other countries have the same though an abundance of trials terrain.

We did an 80 mile loop in the hills north of Fuseta and across towards the Spanish border, the tracks seem to go everywhere,many are signposted as proper roads and show up on the satnav.

Today we are heading west to visit the "Impossible" hooking up with a mate of my brothers who is a Norwegian ex trials rider,has a Beamish Suzuki which was apparently sold new here. I still think its strange there are no trials here as my brother reckons there are loads of small village moto clubs, so I would have thought there would have been at least some trials fans. All I can say if there isn't is that they are missing out badly !

On 22/02/2017 at 8:52 PM, turbo said:

Whats the weather like Jon v8 ? dismal here inDevon !

Been OK today,nothing special,had a Saharan dust storm last night - everything is covered in red dust. Great day on the bikes yesterday,warm and sunshine all day, 160miles, which I think half of it was off tarmac. Monkey Butt by the time we got home !

• 3 years later...
On 2/22/2017 at 9:29 AM, jon v8 said:

We did an 80 mile loop in the hills north of Fuseta and across towards the Spanish border, the tracks seem to go everywhere,many are signposted as proper roads and show up on the satnav.

Today we are heading west to visit the "Impossible" hooking up with a mate of my brothers who is a Norwegian ex trials rider,has a Beamish Suzuki which was apparently sold new here. I still think its strange there are no trials here as my brother reckons there are loads of small village moto clubs, so I would have thought there would have been at least some trials fans. All I can say if there isn't is that they are missing out badly !

I am a Scottish trials rider, I travel to the Algarve just basically at Fuseta at Moncarapacho, I always admire the landscape when im over but getting a bike over there seems to be an issue and when I speak to the motorcycle dealers -they just say nobody really rides Trials here, I think if you have a bike you would be better jumping over to Spain.

One day I will move there and I will be bringing my bikes over, hopefully you will have setup  something by then

21 hours ago, gagejoinery said:

I am a Scottish trials rider, I travel to the Algarve just basically at Fuseta at Moncarapacho, I always admire the landscape when im over but getting a bike over there seems to be an issue and when I speak to the motorcycle dealers -they just say nobody really rides Trials here, I think if you have a bike you would be better jumping over to Spain.

One day I will move there and I will be bringing my bikes over, hopefully you will have setup  something by then

I was hoping have my DT250 over there to leave at my brothers place by now.Cov19 has put a damper on that for now...  He used to live in Fuseta, but he has now bought a place just outside Moncarpacho - Monkers as they call it... I'll get it sorted out there once the travelling is easier.