Flywheel weight fitting

sparky8181

Hi,

Just purchased a 2016 250 Sherco and was planning on fitting the flywheel weight, I had a 200 gasgas before that was lovely and smooth and the sherco seems a bit lively for me on the slow stuff, have tried the slow action throttle but I didn't think it made much difference.

My question is...how hard is it to fit a flywheel weight? And is there a guide anywhere that anyone knows of?

I've been told that I need to also buy the flywheel puller, is there anything else that I will need to get the job done?

Thanks

Sparky

Have you considered retarding the ignition to cool down the lively response the bike has at the moment? My Scorpa, with Sherco motor, has the ignition backed off a bit which makes it much better for controlled slow riding. Simply achieved (and at no cost) by slackening the backplate bolts behind the flywheel, rotating the plate a touch and clamping it up again. Also you can experiment with different degrees of adjustment to get the feel you want. There is advice on this on the net, from memory the Sherco instructions on Ryan Young's website show this.

10 hours ago, cleanorbust said:

Have you considered retarding the ignition to cool down the lively response the bike has at the moment? My Scorpa, with Sherco motor, has the ignition backed off a bit which makes it much better for controlled slow riding. Simply achieved (and at no cost) by slackening the backplate bolts behind the flywheel, rotating the plate a touch and clamping it up again. Also you can experiment with different degrees of adjustment to get the feel you want. There is advice on this on the net, from memory the Sherco instructions on Ryan Young's website show this.

Never heard of this before, will have a look

13 hours ago, sparky8181 said:

What other ways?

slow action throttle retard ignition as above low comp head longer front pipe slow throttle gearing etc.

IMHO you would be better trying to ride the thing with some instruction or get a less powerful bike rather than messing about looking for a simple or quick answer which probably isnt there?

Up here Nigel there's more 300 Scorpas than you can shake a stick at which you'll know is an Orange Sherco.

Never any 250s but to a bike they all fit flywheel weighs on the 300s.

Easier to control but never seem as nice as stock.

Personally I would knock the timing back slightly and fiddle with the gearing.

Still would ride like a 300 at the end of the day