Maps for my new 2017 4RT?

djr_austin

Montesa people

Anyone have recommendations on running new maps for my 4rt.  I'm new to the bike and to the sport.  I was getting more stalls than I should, so one of the local guys had me do a "tree test" - front wheel on the tree and slowly let out the clutch.  My new ride died way to quickly cos I was running the wet map.  On the dry map it was a little better but still died too early.

So maybe I just need to tune the mix here - or maybe I need to understand this whole programmable map deal and start to work with the system.  

Comments, recomendatins, thoughts?

Thanks

Just don't ride into trees!!!

didnt think throttle bodies were remappable on standard bikes.

suggest work on clutch adjustment coordination between throttle and clutch.

Edited by jimmyl
Missing word
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, lineaway said:

Nothing wrong with the maps. Are you running the 1800 rpm idle speed. That`s usually the problem.

Silly question:  how do I know if its 1800 - just guess it?  This is likely my problem.  Yes on the course throttle and clutch control is the root - I'm just trying to make sure the base is set up right.  I've had a couple of guys on 2 and 4 strokes show me a lot more "resistance to stalling" so there's certainly something to improve here...

Thanks!