AJP levers

cornishflyer

Does anyone know which levers work with 2007 AJP clutch master cylinders?

I've just received a replacement that was supposed to work but the angle at which the adjuster acts on the plunger is so acute it's seriously affecting the smoothness.

The distance of the threaded adjuster hole is greater on the replacement lever than the genuine AJP lever (the left silver one in the picture). I'm told the AJP levers are no longer available, so what would be a good replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Hi oni nou,

That photo was just to illustrate the angle, hence no lock screw. There is actually around 3mm of travel at the lever, but there isn't any free play at the adjuster side because of the spring underneath the rubber boot. Perhaps the problem is that the push pin is not seated correctly.. I'll need to check that.

The original AJP lever positioned the adjuster square onto the plunger. To me it looks like the lever I ordered, which was supposed to be a direct replacement, has the adjuster too far from the pivot point of the lever.

Edited by cornishflyer

All the Sherco AJP master cylinders used a slightly different master cylinder and lever to all the other bikes, the distance from the pivot point to the plunger is shorter to make the clutch easier & slower.

The original AJP Sherco levers are still available but expensive:
http://www.splatshop.co.uk/ajp-silver-clutch-lever-medium-sherco.html

Or S3 do a version of their digit levers:
http://www.splatshop.co.uk/s3-digit-ajp-grimeca-brake-clutch-levers.html

The brake levers are the same as all the rest.

Cheers,
Tim

• Like 1

I had a similar problem when I fitted ARC folding levers when I first received my Jarvis rep, I ended up working our where the pivot needed to be & machined a large enough hole to take a bush, was only about 1-1 1/2mm difference but it fixed the problem 

If you have an engineering background or know someone who has access to a lathe & mill it's an easy job