New Cota 348 Owner

adambeevers

2 hours ago, cleanorbust said:

Ah, I thought Sandiford's might still have documentation on the old Montesas but at least it now seems pretty clear what you have.

Is the engine all in one piece? Hopefully the holes will line up when it's fitted into the frame, in view of the modification which appear to have been made. I had a slight alignment problem when fitting a replacement engine in my Cota 247 but got round it by using a smaller diameter bolt.

The 348 had an unusual set-up with the drive chain - it ran through plastic tubes instead of using a normal tensioner. These tubes tend to be missing on old 348s but they are available new from Inmotion.

Keep us updated as you build up the bike, advice should be available here as needed!

Erm I haven't had much of a look, but the base, barrel and head are all together still. The bike seat from a friend so he's been honest, he said it was running fine, just that the gear selector jammed hence the strip down, I presume to restore it. He also thinks 'all the parts are there' but after 4 years in a shed I'm not holding my breath.

will me taking photos as I go along so will start a thread for it I'm sure.

thanks for all the advice, and patience

Adam