New to Dumfries

bill w

Hi Guys.. I think i am having a mid life crisis .... I purchased a Beta trials bike in Jan..   but i am struggling to find somewhere to practice before i enter a trial and make a complete fool of myself...   Can anyone help or recommend somewhere.. Willing to travel within reasonable distance..  Thanks Bill  

19 February  CCMCC  MHB motorcycles rd1  Aughertree near Caldbeck 

We are running a club trial , with normal clubman and easy routes plus an additional begginers route!!! , good long laps 

No better practise than riding a trial , best just to jump in , do not worry about looking a complete fool ,you will be in good company 

We have complete fools on all our routes ....    It's good fun, good exercise , but be warned, it can be addictive 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, moleman said:

19 February  CCMCC  MHB motorcycles rd1  Aughertree near Caldbeck 

We are running a club trial , with normal clubman and easy routes plus an additional begginers route!!! , good long laps 

No better practise than riding a trial , best just to jump in , do not worry about looking a complete fool ,you will be in good company 

We have complete fools on all our routes ....    It's good fun, good exercise , but be warned, it can be addictive 

What he said   ^^^^^

I absolutely disagree with newbies jumping in to trials rather than practise, possibly I'm in a minority of 1 but I believe a newbie will learn much more just practising the basics etc than diving in and getting stuck in sections all day long. 

44 minutes ago, cabby said:

I absolutely disagree with newbies jumping in to trials rather than practise, possibly I'm in a minority of 1 but I believe a newbie will learn much more just practising the basics etc than diving in and getting stuck in sections all day long. 

In this case, nowhere to go, and no one to practice with, I think this is the best option. The CCMCC usually have ideal entry sections, and friendly people.

• Like 1

CCMCC trials are good and easy to get to from Dumfries and also a friendly club. Heading in the other direction you can find the Dalmellington MCC, they hold trials quite close to the town to from near Sanquhar and a few sites near New Cumnock. They are a friendly and helpful bunch too. As for practise ground, if you find any give me a shout.

I have joined Dalmellinton MCC   and i have got my sacu card...  am going to have a look at trial in Glenridding tomorrow but not riding .. If there was someone else in dumfries i would just enter , but dont fancy doing it on my own..  I have made myself a little coarse in my back garden using planks , breeze blocks , gas boltles, logs,, i  have even made a see saw...  lol  ,, but i need to find a steam, rocks, big muddy slopes.. I can balance the bike ok, and i can go head first over the handlebars when i try to do a stoppie turn....  i am already addicted.  

• Like 1