How do I replace water pump seals and copper washer on my 315r

tonyp8845143

Hello All from the USA.

I bought a nice 2002 315r that I love dearly. I have a bit of coolant leaking from the weep hole. I have bought a new gasket, copper washer, oil seal, and water seal. I have tried to search the forum for some instruction, but no luck. I guess I am not searching properly. Could someone please offer a step by step guide or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Tony P

Monroe, NC USA

Tony_with_2002_Montesa_315r_488.jpg

jonny, I have that manual, it basically says to drain oil, remove cover, and replace seals...

But, is the nut that holds the impeller left or right threaded?

I do not want to damage anything , and was hoping for someone with experience to give a few tips. I ordered the parts from Dennis at Overland Trail, but he said he had never rebuilt the water pump on a 315r.

Thanks,

Tony p

5 hours ago, tonyp8845143 said:

jonny, I have that manual, it basically says to drain oil, remove cover, and replace seals...

But, is the nut that holds the impeller left or right threaded?

I do not want to damage anything , and was hoping for someone with experience to give a few tips. I ordered the parts from Dennis at Overland Trail, but he said he had never rebuilt the water pump on a 315r.

Thanks,

Tony p

You didn't say that you had the manual or had a question on a certain nut or bolt, just that you had the parts and wanted more information... and yes unless the manual indicates something different you can assume its right hand thread. 

Would have been helpful to indicate that...

Edited by jonnyc21

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if my question was a bother, did not mean to offend you, I will not ask questions again!

Maybe I should have said following your suggestion!, I downloaded the manual, but was still looking for a little insight! But, no fear, I got it all fixed up now and I promise not to ask any more questions!

Tony p

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:47 PM, tonyp8845143 said:

Sorry if my question was a bother, did not mean to offend you, I will not ask questions again!

Maybe I should have said following your suggestion!, I downloaded the manual, but was still looking for a little insight! But, no fear, I got it all fixed up now and I promise not to ask any more questions!

Tony p

If you think by any chance I was trying to say it was a dumb question or that you shouldn't ask I apologize. 

I think you might not have understood my response as it was intended, I was trying to save you some time on your next question...

I was attempting to say that if you already have some information, and it didn't help, it can help us get you the correct information quicker if you include what information you already have or ask a more pointed question so we can be of more help. 

I hope you can forgive my lack of being able to indicate that as well as I thought my second post did. 

Edited by jonnyc21