NETA rules changes

dan williams

Two rules changes we're trying to get out to all in New England just so there are no nasty surprises when you show up.

Tether type motor killing devices are now mandatory and yes you have to wear them. Yes vintage guys too.

To encourage early sign up the full year membership price goes up after April 15th from $30 to $50.

All details are on the web page www.newenglandtrials.com Membership forms are on-line and you can even pay on-line.

I have seen many a bike leave this earth due to run away with out teather. 

Team WGASA has a "Nancy". If you break, forget or bitch about your teather you get a "Nancy". Its a teather made out of a bra strap. 

Team VVANKER last weekend wanted to one up this with a garter. I see your call and one up you fine sirs and ladies. 

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas
  • Like 2

I rode a couple of new bikes here in Taiwan a Montesa 300RR and  a TRS 300RR both had teathers and I killed them by forgetting i was attached frankly though I liked having them on because they were not my bikes and knowing that if i made a mistake they shut off. The cost a trials bike in Taiwan is like buying a car. I like this group of riders here. 

As for the guys riding there vintage bikes I don't think they should be required to that like making someone who has a 1970 hemi cuda convertible and making them put in airbags these guys have been riding these bikes for years in most cases. 

Ive seen the pics and videos of the vintage riders when their bikes were not vintage, heck  they didn't even wear helmets and oh there were a whole lot more riders back then.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

7 hours ago, lineaway said:

Since this was re-kindled, the FIM has two more rules coming. Face guards and they have to be approved and back protection. Before long we will have air bags.

:boobies:  Air Bags!!!!

• Like 2

I saw a rider in the GP class with back protection. He had a terrible crash in the section I was scoring at Kingman. Too bad the foot peg hit his kidneys two inches away from his protector. I was relieved when he got up and walked out of the section.

PS I have become more comfortable with the wrist strap. It has saved my bike once in the six months of use. It also has caused me to almost crash in 6th gear twice while attempting to scratch my nose.

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, lineaway said:

I saw a rider in the GP class with back protection. He had a terrible crash in the section I was scoring at Kingman. Too bad the foot peg hit his kidneys two inches away from his protector. I was relieved when he got up and walked out of the section.

PS I have become more comfortable with the wrist strap. It has saved my bike once in the six months of use. It also has caused me to almost crash in 6th gear twice while attempting to scratch my nose.

I have knocked the "button" of the wrist strap off with my belly, and came to an abrupt stop.  Wonder if the wrist strap is trying to tell me something?