Peak Classic Round 2 Club Championship 2017 Burycliffe Quarry, Elton, Nr Matlock, Derbyshire

This weekend Peak Classic Trials Club hold round 2 of its 2017 Club Championship at Burycliffe Quarry, Elton, Nr Matlock, Derbyshire. Nearest post code is DE45 1LL.

Start time is as usual 11.00 am. We have Expert, Classic Expert, Intermediate, Classic Intermediate and Clubman routes. Along with classes for British Bikes, Twinshocks, Pre 95 Air Cooled Monos and Over 50's on moderns.

I was up there today and will be there finishing off tomorrow ready for Sunday and i can confirm that storm Doris has passed and that the venue is drying out nicely unlike some other venues this Sunday it will be in prime condition which is why Burycliffe is such a popular all weather venue.

After the event we will be holding the presentation of the awards for 2016 which will be handed out by our guest of honor the legend himself Mick Andrews. This will take place at the Miners Standard Inn, Winster.

So come along and join in the fun at one of Derbyshires premier venues with Derbyshires number one Classic Trials Club.

See you there. 

12 hours ago, old trials fanatic said:

Results should be with you tomorrow. I'm just finishing them off. You had a very good ride. Nice seeing you at one of our events at last. Glad you enjoyed it.

Look forward to the next one. 

I forget to put my email on the entry form, 

But you have me on Facebook anyway 

Thanks again

9 hours ago, shakennstirred said:

Look forward to the next one. 

I forget to put my email on the entry form, 

But you have me on Facebook anyway 

Thanks again

Hopefully see you at the next one then. I will put a notification on our Facebook page when i have updated the website later in the week. You will be abler to view them on there then. Cheers.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, shakennstirred said:

What was my score if you dont mind me asking lol

Ive just updated the club website with the full results, Club Championship and write up. As soon as i receive the photos from the presentation i will update with them also. Give me your email next time Andy as teh results are normally mailed out Monday following the trial. Visit www.peakclassic.co.uk and have a read :)  Think you will be pleasantly surprised. 

Edited by old trials fanatic
more info
  • Like 1

Nice surprise there, didn't think I was anywhere near winning my class, I thought at best 4-5th lol. So to win was great. 

After the last trial were I finished last, because of the lack of grip from the pirelli tyres the bike had on when I bought it. 

I changed them for a Michelin front and an Irc rear, couldn't believe how much better the Beamish was, easier to ride and lots more grip. 

same venue and conditions (only 2 weeks apart) so a good comparison. 

IMG_20170226_132006.jpg

Edited by shakennstirred
  • Like 1