300rr HD Skid plate, which one?

jmutiger

Hi everyone, I'm a bit of a thrasher, and I'd like to get a HD skid plate before even scratching up the stocker.  Which HD option out there is the most user friendly for keeping the skid plate in place when doing oil changes, yet still offers good coverage?

Thanks!

Jon

Hey Jon

I just purchased a Costa Special Parts unit for mine and it is thicker than the stocker and a bit longer so it protects the frame a bit better.   Outlaw Trialsport should be able to get you one or Lewisport USA, I had to wait a while to receive mine as it had to come direct from Italy.....

4 hours ago, ymirtrials said:

Hey Jon

I just purchased a Costa Special Parts unit for mine and it is thicker than the stocker and a bit longer so it protects the frame a bit better.   Outlaw Trialsport should be able to get you one or Lewisport USA, I had to wait a while to receive mine as it had to come direct from Italy.....

I fitted one of these to my mates bike - he bought it from the much missed Munch -I was impressed by the fit and finish of it. Its not done much work since definitely one to consider.

On 3/7/2017 at 11:36 AM, ymirtrials said:

Hey Jon

Does the skid plate extend back to protect the linkage?

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...