Tr280i Diagnostic Software

ricarvar

Hi.  I tried making a cable using a FTDI chip cable - USB-RS232-WE-1800-BT_0.0.

However while my laptop K-Scan could see the ECU using a genuine Ossa cable (with Kokusan communication unit), it could not detect the ECU using the FTDI cable I made up.  I tried all variations of polarity and with 12v on the power circuit but no system recognition at all on the FTDI cable.   My suspicion is that the FTDI chip needs to be programmed to see the Ossa ECU.

Hello i tried the same ftdi cable 5volt usb to rs232 and could not connect. Tried with windows7 and older flaptop with vista still nothing. Reading about kokusan denki ecu also used by arctic-cat and others seems as they say they uses ttl interface which is a different ftdi usb to ttl232 serial cable. If someone with the btwice usb style cable could plug it in to there laptop and check the device manager should say in properties what the drivers make and numbers are. May say in the device page if the cable is ttl serial. Cheers

I´m in the same situation.

Connections from usb to bike:

BLACK to BLACK/YELLOW GROUND

RED to WHITE/BLUE POWER

ORANGE to WHITE. TX

YELLOW to YELLOW RX

BROWN and GREEN must be bridged. CTS+RTS

DRIVER MUST BE THE OLDER, 2011 OR 2012

mine is USB-RS232-WE-1800-BT_5.0

Please, need to try whith another software, anyone has teh original?

Thanks.

Edited by papapitufo

Hi,

I checked my drivers and all seem to be correct (see attached image).  I have 2 x FTDI cables (A) USB-RS232-WE-1800-BT_0.0,  and (B)  USB-RS232-WE-1800-BT_5.0.

I also have 2 x laptops - 1 x Sony Vaio with Windows 10 - which is the one I have snipped the attached driver details from, and 1 x old Dell Inspiron with Windows XP. I also have the FTDI driver (for XP laptops) on this laptop and the system shows it installed and working properly.

The problem is that with both laptops and both cables I still can't get the K-Scan to see the ECU.  I have tried all possible variations, so I am still suspicious there is a difference between the generic FTDI cable and the Btwice cable.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be very welcome.  Thanks.ECU not found.jpgIMG_1144.jpgIMG_1145.jpg

FTDI Driver details for Windows10.pdf