Tr280i Diagnostic Software

ricarvar

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I recently (a couple of weeks ago) got my Ossa back from the shop (cascade motorsports) and their report was a little piece broken in the inside of the mechanisms. Reason why I couldn't kick it to start. Apparently I might have brake something in there either when I was taking it appart or putting it back together - go figure...  I also ask them to please re-set the TPS. I'm glad I sent it to them bcz first of all they've been really helpful and secondly I was getting lost here... without the right tools, not knowing enough, inexperience, etc.

I still need to put the cosmetics of the bike together (e.g. front tire, throttle cable, bolts here and there, skid, plastics, etc., etc.) before giving it a try. I'd let you know how it goes once that day comes (swamp at work and wheather not helping much around here... still snowing and -15ish).

I hope to finally have a chance to start practicing again. I'm really out of shape...

Glad to see the post rolling... !

Cheers !

ricarvar

• 3 months later...

Anyone can be more specific about where to connect the 12V on the bike? I have a 2012 TR280. I looked all the post in this thread and someone write to connect the 12V on the loom connector behind the head and I saw another picture of someone that had connected 12V on a 6 pin connector. 

I really want to be sure and not fry anything on the bike!

Thanks!

Ok, I found it in the service manual:

1.First of all disconnect the Capacitor Unit wires (under the headlight mask) and connect to a 12V
Battery.

Capture.JPG.f179941226acd80d09126b6260af469a.JPG

That's the CONDENSADOR in the diagram and the RJ (royo/red) and NG (negro/black) wire.

• 2 months later...

Hi all. I have a 15 300 tri. fitted myself a s3 flywheel weight kit and it is now idling too low and now stalls on its warm up period. Im hoping someone can help with some software so i can get this sorted. my 3rd ossa ! luv em!!

MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1538936888629.jpg

9 hours ago, mikeyzce said:

Hi all. I have a 15 300 tri. fitted myself a s3 flywheel weight kit and it is now idling too low and now stalls on its warm up period. Im hoping someone can help with some software so i can get this sorted. my 3rd ossa ! luv em!!

I also use the flywheel weight - really like it.

I've had the same problem before, very easy to fix when you have the diagnostics plug. You need to re-set the idle via adjusting the throttle body butterfly opening. Ideally clean TB before too (there's an air hole in the butterfly that can get clogged with oil in time and the idle drops), but not mandatory since you can adjust it with TB butterfly opening anyway. The problem is when you change the idle you need to set the TPS zero point to 0.6V again so the EFI has the correct zero point for the smooth mapping translation. Do you have the diagnostic plug and software?

Edited by tsiklonaut

On 10/9/2018 at 10:14 AM, tsiklonaut said:

I also use the flywheel weight - really like it.

I've had the same problem before, very easy to fix when you have the diagnostics plug. You need to re-set the idle via adjusting the throttle body butterfly opening. Ideally clean TB before too (there's an air hole in the butterfly that can get clogged with oil in time and the idle drops), but not mandatory since you can adjust it with TB butterfly opening anyway. The problem is when you change the idle you need to set the TPS zero point to 0.6V again so the EFI has the correct zero point for the smooth mapping translation. Do you have the diagnostic plug and software?

Hi, i have made the lead as others have, althought not sought the software until now as nothing has been needed, so lead is an unknown and no software. Is it available, do you know where i can download it? I will follow the measurements and process you highlight. Be good to have it back but with even more GRIP!?

14 hours ago, mikeyzce said:

Hi, i have made the lead as others have, althought not sought the software until now as nothing has been needed, so lead is an unknown and no software. Is it available, do you know where i can download it? I will follow the measurements and process you highlight. Be good to have it back but with even more GRIP!?

I'm on holidays for 3 weeks so can't UL for you now. But for future helps, since there's no OSSA support anymore, I or anybody else who has it here should U/L the software somewhere for those who need it? The software is required to set the TPS which should be done at least once a season to keep your TR-i in perfectly tuned running condition IMHO

Edited by tsiklonaut