Tiger Cub Eligibility

seedoubleyou

I've inherited a Tiger Cub from my late father. The old boy bought it way back in the 70s as a trialer and intended to finish it off. He died nearly 40 years later having nearly finished it and now it's time for me to spend the next 40 years carrying his legacy forward.

My thinking here is that it MUST be finished as he would turn in his grave if it got put onto eBay. So here is what we have. 21" front wheel, Triumph Mountain Cub forks and yolks, points in the side engine with electronic ignition, Ray Small wider swinging arm, a load of standard bits, a good trials tank and tinwear.

Sorry for the preamble and onto my question. How strict are they on eligibility? I want to keep the Heavyweight forks but will convert them using some stuff I can adapt. The plan would involve drilling a hole on top of the big fork crown nuts and inserting a stainless steel dome head screw on top. Would some rivet counting scrutiniser type call me up for it? 

Thats all for now but I'm sure I'll be back with a few more questions over the next month or so, e,g, footrest position, how to make a bash plate, gearbox ratios, etc..