TR34 rebuild

john w

Ducati anniversary red is ppg 473.101. I have a Ducati and the red is very close if not identical Imo to the beta colour.

Ferrari rosso red is ral 3024. The Ducati and Ferrari colours are supposedly meant to be the same, but I don't have the ral code for the ducati red to check (their paint is supplied by ppg).

Some pictures of the lower fork legs, before and after.

They weren't heavily gouged but didn't look that great. Now they look great, very pleased with them for around an hour on the scotchbrite wheel.

The last 2 pics are of the leg shown on the right in the first 2 pics, gives an idea of before and after for the same leg.

IMG_170327_0815591-1024x1820.jpg

IMG_170327_0816415-1024x1820.jpg

IMG_170327_0818066-768x1365.jpg

IMG_170327_0821195-1024x576.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi All, 

Great to find this thread as I have just started on my TR34 which iv owned for 3 years and just last week out on trial have a suspected con rod bearing problem and so the renovation begins. Bikes stripped and off the engine is off to the pros for an overhaul. In the meantime as you all know well its time to clean everything else up with some important decisions to make. Can anyone tell me whats the best paint system ? Powder coat or Enamel on the frame ?  Is it cheaper to buy all new bolts etc or get them re plated ?  Thanks for any advice / tips. 

Beta TR 34 .jpg