Cheap as Chips!

breagh

Looking at the new Ti Vertigo unattractively priced at nearly 10 k there must be folk out there riding fairly competitively at the other end of the scale.

Now and again I head out on an old Fantic Section which cost the pricely sum of £500 and is probably now standing me about £700 after 3 years of occasional use.

Surely there's bigger cheapskates than me out there be interesting to know I'm not the worst.

Now no I bought this Rev 3 for £50 and forget to say you spent a further grand getting it running or bikes that never get trialled.

Maybe I was lucky and it was 3 years ago.

There's still plenty of cheap bikes about but the problem is they cost a fortune to sort out .

If you're not going to ride trials a bodge is ok.

What I'm saying is the cheapo Fantic is competitive against a £10k  Vertigo at club level.

On our forum there's a 2003 Sherco just come on for £450 and a Fantic kroo for offers.OK but I bet they both need loads spent on them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, oni nou said:

Just like pensioners of 70 riding pre 65 twinshock 175cc aircooled bikes wearing jogging bottoms and 20 year old rugby shirts beating[every week] 40 year olds on £8000.00 Honda Montesa 300rr's wearing Repsol replica clothing and Bou helmets. 

And long may they continue to do so......

• Like 2

40 year old with a Bou helmet and a 300RR right here... I guess I resemble that remark!  :huh:

I know more than one person at 60+ who stomps me in riding, so ya I guess it's just the way it is and I am ok with that.  Al least I am having fun! :thumbup:

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 2

"Just like pensioners of 70 riding pre 65 twinshock 175cc aircooled bikes wearing jogging bottoms and 20 year old rugby shirts beating[every week] 40 year olds on £8000.00 Honda Montesa 300rr's wearing Repsol replica clothing and Bou helmets".

Got to love the old guard keeping everyone honest!

We get a similar thing in cycling - quite a few 65+ gents with wrinkly legs and varicose veins, riding £100 steel framed bikes from the 70's, wearing tracksuits and Dunlop trainers, killing the rest of us on the hills! As they say, with age, comes much experience and wisdom.

Edited by riffraffretro
Change

1 hour ago, breagh said:

Personally I would support a cull for over 70s.

Solve the pensions NHS and housing crisis in a oner.

The state the country's in It's the only decent thing to do

Once we've towed you out into the Atlantic I suppose you'll be able to do that if you want. :)

Don't you think the fish woman is missing a trick with her referendum stuff? All she needs to do is extend the referendum to all the UK, and then she should have no problem at all with getting a majority for Scottish independence. :P

At least most Scots are doing the decent thing.

Most specially through west are paticipating in a kind of mass suicide by drinking and eating themselves to death.

Not be too many make 70.

I like the idea of being towed out into the Atlantic but it probably wont be needed. Pretty sure one high tide and most off South East Englandshire may be rather damp for a wee while.