Differences between 80cc bikes?

culprit

Gents I have a question.   I am pretty new and looking at the offerings in 80cc for my boys it is hard to figure out the subtleties between the manufacturers 80cc bikes.  If I understand correctly the Sherco 80cc is a full size frame with a little engine?  The Beta 80 has a smaller frame and is available in big wheel version and small?  I wish we had more interest in Canada so I could just go to a couple dealerships and check them out, but it is hard to find them here at all. 

thanks

Hi, i don't have any experience of the sherco, gasgas boy only the beta. I'm sure the first two were good bikes , assuming you're looking for geared bike not a rev n go. Beta avaiable as you say with full size wheels or smaller with 17/19 inch. They are also the only new ones available so parts availability should be a consideration.

My son just moved from oset to beta junior, he's 8 but tall, great bike. Not sure if the other makes, being older had hydraulic clutches, but that also makes a big difference as we had an older beta rev 50 and clutch was awful 

My son started with an OSET 16.0, progressed to a GG TXT Boy 50 (which had a semi-automatic clutch and 2-speed gearbox) and now rides a GG TXT 80 Cadet. The Cadet is a 3/4 sized bike with full transmission and clutch. I don't now the wheel sizes from memory but perhaps 17" rear/19" front? The Cadet has a 3rd party motor (Morezzelli?) which has its origins with mopeds and so I find the (limited) power delivery somewhat peaky. I've mod'ed the carb, added a flywheel weight, and lowered the gearing to make it more rideable. I'd say the Cadet is an entry level bike, but there is a more competitive model called the Rookie (or perhaps I've got those designations reversed?). I believe the higher-end model has better suspension components and a better cast/manufactured cylinder. There may be many other differences. The bike is very easy to start and the quality seems good. My model is a 2007.

My 11 year olds got a 16 Beta 80 with 19/17 in wheels.

Fantastic performance same motor as the big one pretty robust though some of the bits are a bit agricultural.

Obviously limited by wheel and tyre size aginst full size 80s but very confidence inspiring.

Best bike Beta make.