First Blood In 06?

mich lin

Could there be a massive shootout of future champions at this years American World round? That's really the question I'd like to ask, could 06 be the year of first blood?

There is a very good chance "Wiggy" as he's known, will make his first world championship appearance in the USA at the TCC American round. He's Britans hope to replace Dougie Lampkin as the man flying the union jack in world trials. He's the rider any American will have to beat to be world champion.

Is Patrick Smage of age yet? Now that's the question of the hour? Patrick is our next and brightest hope for a future world champion from America.

Could Smage take down Wiggy? Now that would be the shoot-out of the decade.

Now if Smage is not of age yet, would Wiggy be willing to allow Smage into the competition to see who's the best? Even if its only as an exhibition rider!

Beave

I think Wiggy would beat Sanz and on a good day would be giving the likes of Dabill & Oliveras a run for their money, so i don't know how the US lad would compair with this.

But on present fourm Sam Haslam has the edge on Alexz, so look out world here come the Brits. ;)

Hi Pats dad here he will be 15 until 7/28/06 and our intent is to contest Pro class at Natc events on a SHERCO 290 in 06 and am very much trying to get to the Hawkstone and Spain rounds w/ a 125 bike traveling w/the Webbs if it works out. We are unfortunate to be in Southern Wisconsin where he cant really spend much time riding w/ riders who are as dedicated and intense as we would like so thats a definate issue for now. It is hard but not impossible to train w/ current Pro level riders . 06 should show that most likely Spain is still very much leading the charge . Does anyone know which riders will be doing the World indoor series? Too bad there isnt a day before the main event to let the next level(Jr class or125s even ) run the courses for a series. I also would prefer 2 day events at most WTC weekends to make travelling to them more worthwhile but I also like 10 to 20 mile loops at events which is not in the cards either . More later ,

I know the Brit lads are good, I'd like to give our best youngster a shot at them.

Letting Patrick ride underage at the 06 US world round is not out of the question in my mind.

The E.U. youth riders have such an unfair advantage over the riders in the rest of the world. The United States of Europe hosts all the world rounds but two, the United States of America round and Japan. The E.U. riders simply don't have to travel as far as the rest of us.

Why can't the FIM allow non E.U. youth riders a little helping hand to level the playing field? It would only be fair if U.S., Japanese, and other non-E.U. riders could start earlier than the riders from the E. U. that host all the rounds but two.

Provided they are not breaking any local traffic laws riding without a valid drivers licence. Our event is on private land and no public roads will be used, which means there really is no good reason not to let Patrick Smage ride the 06 125cc U.S. world round. Exhibition of course, not for points.

What do we need to do to make this happen? I know Bernie was allowed to ride the US world round at age 14 under these conditions, as an exhibition rider. Why not Patrick Smage?

Provided they are not breaking any local traffic laws riding without a valid drivers licence. Our event is on private land and no public roads will be used, which means there really is no good reason not to let Patrick Smage ride the 06  125cc U.S. world round. Exhibition of course, not for points.

What do we need to do to make this happen? I know Bernie was allowed to ride the US world round at age 14 under these conditions, as an exhibition rider. Why not Patrick Smage?

Lane you have all the answers, do you have a clue what is going on, Smage can ride the same sections on the same day on a 125, 200, 290 or any cc he feels like, just as you did back when you were scoring world round points, or not as the case may be, the little asterisks against a riders name meant they were riding the domestic championship only, but still in the arena at the same time on the same sections in front of the same crowed.

You want the restrictions on 125's!! the AMA in all their motorcycle comps allow four stroke 250's to compete against the 125's, does that burst your little bubble when you thought you could propose a rule that discriminated against brands that don't build 125.

This isn't the first time you have pushed for a 125 class, is it Lane?, wasn't the last time at an NATC meeting in the early eighties? was that because you were getting spanked in the championship and wanted to start a class you could win?, that is what people with ten times your credibility say.

Lane, proposing what is best for your kid or anybody else's is fine with me, if they are daft enough to believe in some of your statements, but they also need to be informed that most are modified truths at best..

Could there be a massive shootout of future champions at this years American World round?  That's really the question I'd like to ask, could 06 be the year of first blood? 

There is a very good chance "Wiggy" as he's known, will make his first world championship appearance in the USA at the TCC American round. He's Britans hope to replace Dougie Lampkin as the man flying the union jack in world trials. He's the rider any American will have to beat to be world champion.

Is Patrick Smage of age yet? Now that's the question of the hour?  Patrick is our next and brightest hope for a future world champion from America.

Could Smage take down Wiggy? Now that would be the shoot-out of the decade.

Now if Smage is not of age yet, would Wiggy be willing to allow Smage into the competition to see who's the best? Even if its only as an exhibition rider!

Beave

You missed a few threads where the FIM decreed that there is no rule bending ever as far as minimum age is concerned so Patrick will not ride till he is 16 in the WTC.

I am Alexz Wiggs' biggest fan (he only lives 12 mins from me and is in our club) but lets not build him up before he has even ridden one Youth WTC round, nothing (I understand) is finalised yet and he needs to get enough funds together to have a proper go at the championship.

Next year will be his GCSE examination year which may affect how many rounds are even possible for him to ride in. Don't forget that Gubian Danby Gratterola and others have already ridden in quite a few rounds this year and he is a year or more younger than these riders.

Be in no doubt that if he competes I'm sure he will give it his all, but experience counts alot as most will agree.

I think Wiggy would beat Sanz and on a good day would be giving the likes of Dabill & Oliveras a run for their money, so i don't know how the US lad would compair with this.

But on present fourm Sam Haslam has the edge on Alexz, so look out world here come the Brits.  ;)

The uem results for the 3 rounds this year being the only events they both competed in together, marks lost;

Garbagnate M. Italy Sanz 5 Alexz 13

Norway Sanz 11 Alexz 10

Torre Pellice Italy Sanz 1 Alexz 0 (clean)

Oh did I mention that Laia was on the easier route? Looks like a few "good days" there then?

Sam Haslam is exactly one year older than Alexz. I don't know all the statistics but can't recall Sam beating Alexz much if at all this year when both on 125's so not too sure on what this "edge" is based?

Actually Ishy, an offical combined 125cc and 250cc AMA trials national championships was organized one year outside of of the NATC. So a national trials championship has and can be organized without the NATC.

I believe the NATC does a great job, they are becoming much more responsive and there is little need to work outside the NATC again. But not out of the question.

i think wiggy would beat Oliveras most days having watched them both ride but he is miles off Dabill but this is partly as wiggys still on a 125. sanz can't come near his him when shes on an easier course than him. i havent seen smage ride but i can tell you now that in america sponsorship is more avalible and you have to be a less accomplished rider to get it. you can't really compare wiggy to sam as i dont think they've ridden an event together where they were on the same cc bike (sam also has been beaten on his 250 by alexz more than twice). and i dont think smage has ever ridden abroad so the condition change could prove vital in his pursuing of his hopes.

Edited by north_yorkshire_lad