14 tr300i Factory Headlight removal?

markwoodlief

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, markwoodlief said:

put a fresh AAA in it..  Now it's about a 3 kick cold, 1-2 kicks warm start,  much improved!  Now if I can convince my 16yo to get the hell off of it I can get some practice in. :)

after a day, it went back to 10 kicks cold.. :angry:  Been riding off road for about 40 years, the only bike harder to start then this was a DR350 with a bad autodecompressor. :)...

This probably wont help but I kick mine over slowly half a dozen times when cold before I push the button and go for it.

Also I have the bike leaning against something so I can really use all my 12 stone.

Normally starts first ,second kick.

It's rubbish when hot (Maybe 5/6 kicks) unless I give it a proper planned kick, leave it running if I can.

Cheers the noo

19 hours ago, ric h said:

2 to 3 kicks when cold and 1st kick when hot.It's really about getting it set up properly by someone who knows what they are doing with the k-scan.

this bike is being sold asap.. but I also think lotus54 had plugged into this bike when the previous owner had it. 

I'm done with the kicker, and not being able to find parts.  Posted it for sale so I can pick up a new GasGas, my 13yo daughter starts her new gasgas with 1 kick cold or hot...

I always wondered how effective a ramped up aaa battery would be to precharge the system. I don't have any issues with a 9v lithium that pressurized tge fuel pump before kicking over. With the aaa system does the fuel pump make a noise when you press the button or does it just energize the wiring for a spark?

21 hours ago, canada280i said:

I always wondered how effective a ramped up aaa battery would be to precharge the system. I don't have any issues with a 9v lithium that pressurized tge fuel pump before kicking over. With the aaa system does the fuel pump make a noise when you press the button or does it just energize the wiring for a spark?

I think it just energizes it, I don't hear any fuel pump when I hold the button down.  Apparently Lotus54 has the trick to fix my bike up, but reality is, I just want to sell it at this point.  The bike is decent when running, but the kicking, and lack of spares has soured me on the bike.

25 minutes ago, canada280i said:

Just out of interest what spares are you unable to get?

kick stand mount, kick starter, plastics, etc.  Just a few things.  I already bought 2 new gasgas bikes since I started this thread.  I think this factory Ossa is headed to Lotus54.  He knows these things well, and rightly deserves to own my bike.  He just happens to have a Eurovan pimp wagon I've been eyeballing. ;)..

18 minutes ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

Next time I want to sell a bike I will engage you as an agent Mark.  If you can sell an Ossa with the sales pitch you've used here then you can sell anything☺

it's going to a guy that is on this thread too.. LOL ;).. but he's the right person for this bike without a doubt.