Beta Evo side stand annoying

harryharls

I remove the sidestand from every trials bike I buy.

They tend to stick down too low and tip me to one side when on a log, rock etc..

I have not had a problem finding alternative "kickstands" when out riding.

3 hours ago, harryharls said:

Does anyone else find it annoying that you can't put your side stand down with your foot? It's irritating having to reach down to do it with my hand, to the point where I usually look for a tree or wall to stand it against instead!

Don't you have a butler to hold your bike between sections?

I wish my Rev3 270 2007 had a stand - trees and the side of my car are ok, but not always there when you need them! If any of you advanced types (I'm far from that!) have an unwanted one I've put a wanted ad in the classifieds http://www.offroadmart.com/category/346/TRIALS-WANTED/listings/5220/Beta-Rev-3-2007-side-stand.html

Cheers, Mark

There's just one theoretical case you'll need a sidestand on a trials bike. You are at an area without obsticals, walls, trees, rocks, cars, unicorns.. Let's think of a salt desert. Because there is no reason to be in salt desert with an trials bike in fact there is absolute no practical case for a sidestand on a trials bike.

So take this useless part away and keep your thoughts on riding instead of resting.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I always just laid mine on its side if there were no rocks, fences etc - it's what the petrol tap is for.

Hell, I do that in the sections, so there really is no difference for me when parking the bike.

11 hours ago, oni nou said:

Parc ferme Scottish Six Days?

OK so the small percentage of people that ride the SSDT would probably find a use for one.  Or just lean it against your buddies bike who has a kickstand.  Done that a couple of times too.

On 13 April 2017 at 0:34 PM, tshock250 said:

Haha, I took mine off & really missed it, leaning bike against rocks etc is a pain. I put it back on!

Yep

i wouldn't ride a bike without one, so useful 

Got a Mitani one on the 4RT and it's fab - stable on any surface 

Modded my TYZ one so it's similar 

13 hours ago, zippy said:

OK so the small percentage of people that ride the SSDT would probably find a use for one.  Or just lean it against your buddies bike who has a kickstand.  Done that a couple of times too.

You would only lean your bike against mine once:D

• Like 1