Beta Evo side stand annoying

harryharls

On 2017-04-13 at 7:42 PM, markparrish said:

I wish my Rev3 270 2007 had a stand - trees and the side of my car are ok, but not always there when you need them! If any of you advanced types (I'm far from that!) have an unwanted one I've put a wanted ad in the classifieds http://www.offroadmart.com/category/346/TRIALS-WANTED/listings/5220/Beta-Rev-3-2007-side-stand.html

Cheers, Mark

I maybe have one laying around. Need to check.

But im from Sweden.. 

• 4 years later...
On 4/13/2017 at 5:28 AM, harryharls said:

Does anyone else find it annoying that you can't put your side stand down with your foot? It's irritating having to reach down to do it with my hand, to the point where I usually look for a tree or wall to stand it against instead!

I realize it's a old thread. But, its very relevant. I finally got fed up enough with this very issue that I designed a little foot to attach to the side stand. Works great so far. I'll just have to see if I run into any issues with it getting in the way. 

92D56B64-30DE-4257-8BC6-AE838DECB04A.jpeg

E6332990-4509-41C0-BF4F-16F26B4A04F4.jpeg

85D80AB3-08A4-424A-9C20-007FDEC136A3.jpeg

Edited by gravityisnotmyfriend
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 11:42 AM, gravityisnotmyfriend said:

I realize it's a old thread. But, its very relevant. I finally got fed up enough with this very issue that I designed a little foot to attach to the side stand. Works great so far. I'll just have to see if I run into any issues with it getting in the way. 

92D56B64-30DE-4257-8BC6-AE838DECB04A.jpeg

E6332990-4509-41C0-BF4F-16F26B4A04F4.jpeg

85D80AB3-08A4-424A-9C20-007FDEC136A3.jpeg

Hey Gravity,

I saw this on another forum (should reply there...) and think it's a great idea! Any chance you'll make more and provide for other Beta riders?

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 1:40 PM, Knobbytracks said:

Hey Gravity,

I saw this on another forum (should reply there...) and think it's a great idea! Any chance you'll make more and provide for other Beta riders?

Sorry I'm late to respond - don't check this site a ton. 

However unless the guy on the other site with a very similar name asking the same question is just a wild coincidence, Look like I answered on ADV already! 

But yeah- I'll happily give anyone the file that wants to print it. And if we cross paths in real life, I'll give you one. But, I've done one off project like this before, and it tends to blow up into more work than I want to send thing out. 

And I'd feel bad charging what my time is worth to do it - cause here's the thing. These are designed to break. I'm on my 3rd one now. They work great to lower the kick stand, but if i hit a rock or something I don't want it to stop my bike and cause a dab and I don't want to damage the kickstand. Not a big deal for someone with a printer to just have a few printed out just in case.