3 Days of Cantal

chewy

Something for everyone?

It looks a great bit of ground and do have a great time and in the vid they seem a cheery mob, but it looks 'advanced.'

Isn't there a technical difficulty in riding in a modern mono trial in France as Brit or Yank or whatever? 

Things like medical certificates or similar technical compliances being quite onerous? 

I may have got it all wrong but with twin shockers I understood that  it was a different (easier) sporting code? Hence the bigger Uk etc entries.

Or maybe like everything else in France, a decent lunch with the right official sorts it!

• 3 weeks later...

On 26 April 2017 at 0:41 AM, micm said:

Something for everyone?

It looks a great bit of ground and do have a great time and in the vid they seem a cheery mob, but it looks 'advanced.'

Isn't there a technical difficulty in riding in a modern mono trial in France as Brit or Yank or whatever? 

Things like medical certificates or similar technical compliances being quite onerous? 

I may have got it all wrong but with twin shockers I understood that  it was a different (easier) sporting code? Hence the bigger Uk etc entries.

Or maybe like everything else in France, a decent lunch with the right official sorts it!

As Chewy says, you can enter these multi day trials as an 'international' rider, with the docs that Chewy lists.

They are very accommodating over here, we went to suss one out last year and was amazed at how well run, how friendly and how enjoyable the whole thing was. Add in spectacular scenery, plenty of food and wine and what's not to like!? 

I'm probably one step up from riding the easy route in the UK and the easiest class would've been a bit of a challenge, so if you're a clubman or inter rider there should be a route for you at most of these trials.

But if you're thinking of doing one, go for it, I am sure you would enjoy it.

Cantal was great  especially as Janet AND I got to the podium in our classes, run by trials enthusiasts for trials riders.  I have just dome our entries for thier hivernal (autumn) trial same mob of people different venue  based around Entraiges sur Truyere in the Aveyron department.  entries (inscriptions) here (Max speaks english and is very helpful) https://www.trial-truyere.fr/ 

The Aveyron is run by Moto club 12 who were mostly enduro based members when last we rode. A loose comment regarding leboskis concern regarding advanced;  there really are classes for everyone if Janet at 60 years young can make 2nd step on the podium all you strong young men should be well in. It is true to say that in general the sections for classes above S3 are more a series of obstacles reather than simple line choosing and riding....they love dry grippy impressive looking sections and of course publicity is aimed at ambitious riders who learn 1 metre negative steps before they leave primary school ...I,m not kidding. European trials are not neccesarily hard but involve different skills which are easier to learn than grip finding but involve better fitness.

We havn.t done Aveyron or the Creuse for the last 4 years  I hear the club has taken note of all the criticisms and have changed thier ways but at our age 2 or 3 of these events/year is enough.  Incidentally I came on to post the entries for Arinsal 2 day in Andorra will do seperate post with link.