Ross Noble

breagh

4 hours ago, scifi said:

Didn't think much of the camera quality, mostly handlebar mounted Go-Pros.   But I suppose it is difficult to get a studio quality camera crew to some of the remote locations.

Difficult to get a trials bike to some locations :P

Edited by jimmyl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cackallacky said:

I wish! Can't view it here in the U.S. - Can't even download the UKTV Play App in the US!!

Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!

I downloaded it in USA using a UK Postcode, and got an account.  It won't play though, probably because I have a USA ISP.

1 hour ago, neils on wheels said:

I've watched the first two episodes and reckon a bit more about the trial, less about the relationship between Ross & James Burroughs would be welcome. Is this what will bring trials to an external audience?

Yes, it is.  See: Top Gear/The Grand Tour - the last time it was about reviewing and reporting on cars was about 20 years ago, and it has a huge viewership.

I'd love to see the same quality of coverage, but showing more of the event - it would help me with managing road trials (planning, pace, how to approach a single lap, etc), and also just be generally interesting ... but then I'm an enthusiast about the topic at hand.  For Joe Bloggs sitting in front of the telly, they don't care that much, they want to be entertained, and seeing the human interactions is what's entertaining to most people.

11 hours ago, turbofurball said:

Yes, it is.  See: Top Gear/The Grand Tour - the last time it was about reviewing and reporting on cars was about 20 years ago, and it has a huge viewership.

I'd love to see the same quality of coverage, but showing more of the event - it would help me with managing road trials (planning, pace, how to approach a single lap, etc), and also just be generally interesting ... but then I'm an enthusiast about the topic at hand.  For Joe Bloggs sitting in front of the telly, they don't care that much, they want to be entertained, and seeing the human interactions is what's entertaining to most people.

Yes - I think it’s fundamentally a program about Ross doing a trial not necessarily a promotion for the ssdt. But brill watching and can only be good for the sport/ssdt Having done the six days a few times it’s a good reminder if the pain and pleasure the trial can bring you. 

Needs to do it in the wet next time?