Mitani full protection bashplate

the addict

I've had a few Mitani plates, and they fit perfectly when new. No forcing needed. They are the regular models, in 6mm thickness. I'd expect this one to fit nicely just because it's a Mitani plate.

I'm guessing you just laid the pads on there for a photo, and you'll glue them in the right places for installation.

• Like 1

Great bash plate and dead easy to fit. the pic on the H&D website is the one fitted to my bike :)

a suggestion though, use some hard rubber or an old inner tube between the case and the bolts on the left side of the bash plate. if you hit something hard it pushes the bolt in to the flywheel casing and will need to be replaced or fixed if it happens. I used a folded up old inner tub and silicone it in place to fill the gap between the bolt and the casing

• Like 2

A big enough hit on the sump guard will split the generator cover nearly in half and crack the right crankcase cover, not cheap to replace and not easy to weld. Won't be trying that section again!!!

Managed to get around to fitting the bashplate yesterday, and it was without any doubt the easiest fitment I've done on a trials bike. Hand tightened the two front bolts home, pushed the back of the plate up by hand and fitted the two end bolts, couldn't of been easier. 

• Like 1