Oset 24.0R

23 hours ago, oldtrialer said:

Without rider. Lift the rear up and see how much it settles down. That's how I did it on my GasGas..

I tried that and it didn't move.  I think this bike might be too light for that process.  I turned my rear spring preload up a bit from stock but who knows if they are all set the same from the factory.  Sitting/standing on the bike, I'm getting about 20% sag front and rear.  I don't think we can adjust the fork preload.

The OEM 24r rear spring is 650 lbs.  Oset has a 750lb spring but there's no conclusive evidence yet on how it works or for what weight of a rider.   

On my enduro race bikes, we always set sag with the rider and gear on the bike but I'm keeping my mind open on how to setup these trials bikes (and yes I know this isn't really an adult trials bike, I'm just trying to extract as much potential from it as possible). 

sag should be setup with riders weight i.e with rider onboard and should be around 10-15mm for the rear  and it normally higher for the front . bounce about a bit on the bike before taking any measurements..

Sag is set depending on the weight of a rider . the manual is prob a generic factory setting for the shock. Mountain bike shocks dont have the same dynamics as a mc shock so things will be different. 

I added the 3.5" tire like the others which I like.  There's a fine line on getting the chain tension right and the tire not to rub but it worked with I think two extra chain links.  

I also just installed a set of SRAM Code RSC brakes using the stock 180 rotors.  PLENTY OF POWER  and really nice brake modulation.  This is a expensive set at $480 but really one of the best you can buy for a mtn bike brake (two piston caliper).  The RSC has adjustable pad engagement which I really love.  This bike needed more clinching power, not bigger rotors.   

I also added the ROX 2" riser but on the fence with that one until I ride it more.  FUN bike although I'm still not happy with the delivery of the power at mid throttle.  It's too aggressive and not linear enough.  I'll work on using the rear brake to control that....

Code RSC lever.jpg

Code RSC caliper.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a question about battery life. I made this video to demonstrate: 

If anyone wants to see something about OSET 24 bikes in photos or video, reply to this thread and I'll see what I can do.

I am selling this particular OSET 24, which is in great condition with very little use. Please email me if you want to know more at cyclecrushmoto@gmail.com

• 1 year later...

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, Ron_Luning said:

I saw a question about battery life. I made this video to demonstrate: 

If anyone wants to see something about OSET 24 bikes in photos or video, reply to this thread and I'll see what I can do.

I am selling this particular OSET 24, which is in great condition with very little use. Please email me if you want to know more at cyclecrushmoto@gmail.com

Cool video. What weight are you, and what power settings were you running on? I’ve seen various videos and read various reviews with widely different times being reported for how long a charge lasts. One guy in Aus reported 13 hours running max power until the low power warning light came on and then he got another six hours. It’s hard to believe, but that’s what he claims. A teenager on YouTube reported one charge lasting “all day”. 

The Aussie guy’s review. He talked about the battery from 4:05:

Edited by dualta

1 hour ago, sectionone said:

I've been riding my Oset 24 in my backyard stop and hop style and the battery lasts longer than my body. I can do 3 one hour sessions on one charge. 

16332034158_0c7c3855b6_b.jpg

What weight are you, if you don’t mind me asking?

14 minutes ago, sectionone said:

55 years old, 5'4", 138lbs. I turn the speed dial down to the start of the red zone for trials and for trail riding everything all the way right. When trail riding the battery can drain quickly but for backyard trials it just sips the juice.

That’s a similar weight to me. I like what I’m reading about these bikes. I see one in my near future. Even if my wife doesn’t ?

• Like 1