Oset 24.0R

I have found Vee Rubber tire is not good comparing to proper 18" trials tires.

It has very hard compound and does not stick to anything. Very disappointing.

X11 have way much softer compound and sidewalls, not to mention X-Light.

Did anyone tried other R17x3.5 tires?

Duro HF-307 has similar to trials pattern, but how soft it is? 

https://www.duro.com.tw/en/product/motorcycle/5efe9e1f026130337e48b83e

Edited by DHK

• 7 months later...

Not very fast. On a straightaway you want to go faster. You can put a smaller rear sprocket from the 20R to go faster. I find that the motor overheats and triggers the thermal cutoff when trail riding for more than 25 minutes. If the motor gets too hot to touch, it is ready to go into limp mode. I have a meat thermometer attached to my motor and when it gets near 140f, I give it a rest and maybe pour water on it.

On 4/13/2021 at 5:48 PM, oldtrialer said:

Has anyone had to work on the forks? Were you able to get service info and parts info?

I'm getting a hard knock when the front wheel comes up. Happened twice when pushing down. Might be low on oil.

I'll answer my question. 

There is a snap ring that holds the rebound stop in the fork leg that came out if it's groove. When this happens, the damper cartridge is the only thing holding the forks together. I snapped the bottom end of the cartridge off when reinstalling it. Probably from stress from riding without the snap ring. I would suggest if you find it knocking when lifting the handlebars, stop riding and check the snap ring. 

Here is a video of teardown and reassemble of the fork. It doesn't show everything, but is a good guide.

• Like 1