Online Videos?

sam

I've been downloading clips off http://www.trialmedia.co.uk Good quality videos but some of them are huge and must be a big drain on their bandwidth (you lot will probably kill it today :D)

There has been loads of videos on TC but you will need to search for them, as they will be categorised and stored with the write up from each event. Maybe Andy or Ian could have a Vids page where they could all be listed?

Thank you for the reply, there has been a lot of people wanting clips of moto-trials on the bike trials web sites. I just discovered something called DSL at my wifes work place it makes down loading a snap!

sam

Maybe Andy or Ian could have a Vids page where they could all be listed?

Trials Central 2006 will have this feature. Watch this space :D

btw, I have quite a few clips of Ross Danby I am currently uploading to his new site which will be openeing next week - take a look at some of them :P

(click on my sig banner below to go to his site)

Yes Andy you need a Video page! That is what makes the biketrials web sites so cool. Its fun because there is clips from the worlds best to the worst like my self riding in there back yard.

sam

How much does it cost to host a site like this Andy? (I wont be offended if you'd rather not say)

That's something I try not to think about too much! :D I'm not going to say exact price, but as it's hosted in the USA, I get far more for my money than I would in the UK.

How much more would it cost if there were loads of videos being downloaded everyday?

That depends on how much is "loads" and what size they were. I do have a bandwidth limit every month, but am well within it. I'd be more concerned about being forced to upgrade hardware (again!) to cope rather than the additional bandwidth.