Help - 2014 exhaust on 2013 ST290

otter237

I buy a ST290 and they gift me a new 2014 exhaust but i can't fit on my '13.  What should I remove to fit it?  I removed the carburator but no the rear shock

I am going crazy :) . I think this is too big :D

Sorry for my english . Thanks!!!

IMG_20170602_114226.jpg

IMG_20170602_114214.jpg

IMG_20170602_114232.jpg

Edited by otter237

I disagree.  The exhaust with the plastic tip is off a rear tanker , a 2014 or early 15.

s-l1600.jpg

The later 2015 and onwards, with the fuel tank in the front,  have much longer plastic tips.

s-l1600.jpg

2013 and before don't have a plastic tip.

Edited by stpauls

That is the right rear exhaust, you will need to take the shock out, from memory the mounts are slightly different so you may have to do a bit of drilling/fileing to make it work, hopefully you have the 2014/15 sherco front exhaust to otherwise it won't work without an adaptor. 

Edited by tomevans
Spelling error

I have a yellow framed 2014, like the bike in the RCM Trailsport photo above.  I have removed both my silencer and front pipe several times.  

I didn't remove the rear shock to do it.  From memory I removed the rear mudguard, inner rear mudguard, top air filter housing and the plastic trim attached to the silencer.  The silencer is held in by several bolts, some of which are not immediately apparent. You have to wriggle the silencer about and it just slips out easily.  Simple.  Our cat could do it!

However, I have no idea if an adapter is required.

The awkward bit is refitting the air box connector back on to the carb.  Tricky and awkward.  Use a small smear of grease on the two ends to help them slip together.

This afternoon i try, remove silencer's plastic trim and for last remove the rear shock.  I wanna buy a new 2014 front pipe or build an adaptor because i don't find a Sherco adaptor ;)

My old exhaust is full of oil/carbon, inside is totally black and i can't open it.  Maybe i must cut in 2 piece or burn

The ''Tampon''...... is clearly Ohlins...... the shock looks like an Olle to me. Boy...that is one nasty spot for a fuel hose down beside the chain and rear tire...no way around it with the design though:mellow: