2006 Montesa 4rt

512high

Greeting from New Hampshire, USA! I haven't ridden a bike in about 40 Years! I am now 54 and purchased "new to me" a 06' Montesa 4rt, trying to learn to balance etc, haven't fallen yet, nor have I left 1st gear.......previous owner has done an engine oil change....but not the filter, I have the owners manual, however , "if" some one has a change coming up soon, could they make a quick video? I heard mixed things, some say easy, some say not so, I am some what mechanically inclined...Thanks again!

Philip

Dead easy.  Drain oil and pull casing as per manual.  You will probably need a new gasket as the old one will be stuck - grease the new one and it should release next time.

Undo bolt holding filter in then wiggle it to come past the flywheel (if Honda increased the chamfer a fraction it would be easier).  Put grease in the blind recess in the back of the filter to hold the spring in place then reassemble per manual.

• Like 1

Also put the oil in while it is on its side and before you put case back on.

much easier than trickling it in the the dipstick hole after.

grease one side of the gasket and will be fine for many changes without replacing 

• Like 1

Hello, I don't bother to lay bike on side but I do grease the gasket. Make sure you push the new filter fully in and that cover is flat against engine  before tightening the cover otherwise the thing that sticks out of the cover will not be perpendicular and will not locate on casing when you refit the casing.

Also, be very careful when tightening the bolts onto the casing. Very easy to strip thread in alloy, don't even tighten, as long as they are equal.

I torque drain plug to 20Nm and it doesn't leak, I think it says 25 in manual. I use a little funnel to add oil.

I use Putoline nano trans and Putoline nanotech with good results but they're not cheap.

Regards

• Like 1