Hello from Lancs UK

stephen m

What a great site this is !

I've just bought my first trials bike - and its what seems a quite well sorted Bantam. Its going to take some getting used to... as I am a complete novice !

I had a little ride around last night, and my novice status would have been completely apparent ?

It's such a different riding position - such high bars and the pegs so far back - it's going to take some getting used to. 

It felt like the steering is largely done through weighting the legs - and the thing is bigger and heavier than I'd realised.

Great fun though ! 

I only have a tiny space I can practice in at home - a small gravel area outside my garage, where I can practice turning and a very small square of woodland where I can do the same. 

The woodland is flat firm ground and has no obstacles, except one big tree stump that seems a bit intimidating right now.

I've ridden road bikes, spent a lot of time on the fells on mountain bikes, and driven old land rovers off road for a long time - but never done off road on a motorbike for some reason. Always fancied it though.

The Bantam doesn't have a V5, but with there being good green lanes within striking distance - I'm keen to get it road registered so I can put some practice in on them.

There is also https://www.inchperfecttrials.co.uk/ not that far away - so I'll book myself in there when I can.

Stephen