Bultaco rebuild

cymru_am_byth

Hi All,

im new here and would like some info if possible.

I have got a 1972 and 1973 Bultaco Shefra T which I have striped and would like to put them both back too oridginal condition. 

Are there any Manuels that show the exploded pictures of the bike and not just engin etc to include bushes, bearings and so on.

cheers

My advise is to keep the parts to each bike completely separate to the other then build one using its own pieces borrowing nothing from the other bike. The knowledge gained from the first can then best be used on bike number two. Are you building them to ride when finished?

• Like 2

Another thing to remember is anything you are unsure of just put a post up on here asking how or why and it will usually get answered very quickly. There is also a lot of information available online these days too which helps a lot. Well done of getting two real trials bikes! Good on you. Graham.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 11:34 PM, cymru_am_byth said:

Thanks for all replies !

not looking to ride them but sell when completed and buy an old scrambles to restore.

Any other tips are welcome !Should I paint the frame myself and if so what is the best paint to buy?

Thank You In Advancs 

Good luck with the rebuilds, I'm in the middle of one at the moment too.

Regarding painting the frame, InMotion will sell you Bultaco grey spray cans, (you can also get it on ebay but it's the same price.) 

Many people would suggest getting the frames professionally stripped and powder coated for a longer lasting finish, but I couldn't afford that :D

Good luck!

Post pictures :D

New to site. Trying to rebuild my 1979 Sherpa T. Doesn't seem to have a drain plug on housing for clutch. Read somewhere that you remove one of the housing bolts to drain?

Thanks in Advance!

On 7/7/2017 at 11:34 PM, cymru_am_byth said:

not looking to ride them but sell when completed and buy an old scrambles to restore.

If you want to realise the highest possible price for resale, get it professionally stripped and powder coated.