Which of the TRS is best mannered.

steveo

I've got a 280 rr and it's superb. My mate has got a standard 250 and it's a peach of a motor. I would say the best of the bunch is a 250rr. Unless your heavier than 16 stone or a British champs rider it's  more than enough power

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I'm on My second 280, the 19 is noticeably quicker than the 17 was. I've just richened the carb by raising the needle half a notch with a washer. The 17 280 was perfect for me.

Below quarter throttle the 19 grips really well and pulls third without difficulty on standard gearing. However it is quick above 1/4 throttle. 

Rode a friends 250 one with a dellorto carb recently, very good and more than enough for 99% of us.

Got an 18 280 rr,fitted slow throttle otherwise standard.Very controllable low down,plenty of go when you open it up,love it .300 is too much for most,brilliant if you're good enough,250 I found not hugely less powerful than mine

• 6 months later...

I have a One model 250,from the first year units, I tested the 300 and is has a stronger pull but not brutal at all. 

If you are afraid... I would suggest to test a 125, you may be surprised how easy is to control it off idle if your experience is not high, a friend that rides with me comes with a Fantic 240, (is 212 cc), I recommended to him to get a modern 250 and he bought a gas gas, fantastic bike, he never got user to it, the bike reacted to fast for him so after 6 months he sold it and went back to the Fantic, last winter, we push him to test a very special bike, with lots of work on it, it was again a Gas Gas but 125, we kept secret it was a 125, he tested the bike a full morning and love it.! 

I choose 250 on all bikes I have bough during the last 25 years, it is the best blend of softness and performance for my level riding.