Removed Clutch Cover.. need more help please

Julian Taff

33 minutes ago, collyolly said:

Hang on,let's get an idea how bad the leak is first, if you run the engine until it's hot how much comes out ? Does it just weep or does it leak out into the bash plate then dribble onto the garage floor and leave a puddle ?

I have ridden pre 65 for years so oil leaks are not really on the scale of problems !

Gear selection and clutch drag are obviously a problem, but as I suggested earlier get some experianced opinions before you start spending money.

Thank you for your help..It's weeping more than anything, but when left overnight there is a small amount on the floor, say about 10cm circle and a small amount in the bashguard, but it's not a bad leak no. I don't think the bike is ticking over properly either, but that could just be carb adjustment.. I don't think there is anything major wrong with the bike.. I also had ATF fluid in the gearbox, but am now going to use putoline light gear oil 75w.. There was no gasket in there either when i took cover off which i thought was odd.

Edited by Julian Taff

The glass (plastic) eye is not threaded. It it secured inplace with an o-ring and sealant. You'll have to remove the glue from the inside of the case and the eye will push out. As far as the clutch sticking, go to the TC Beta forum and follow the Beta Clutch fix.

• Like 1

Well I've had some good news, I may have found a NOS clutch cover. I'm just waiting for photo's, and fell like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders..  Thanks everyone for all your help.. I'm feeling a lot better about things now. Cheers Julian

• Like 1