How far or long can i go?

512high

Hello Everyone, I have a 2006 Montesa 4rt, i think it holds roughly 1/2 gal of fuel. If i stay in 1st and 2nd gear(a lot of heavy woods around me, can't really get moving etc) how far or hours before i go empty? I understand driving conditions, high revs, etc. just a "ballpark"?

thanks!

Put a spare 3 or 4 litres in a can in a rucksack. Then you can ride your bike until it runs out. You then know how far you can go and fill up from your can to get back.

When I use to practice quite a bit and ride a few miles to get to my practice area I use to carry a litre bottle of spare fuel. I would then hide it somewhere within a mile or 2 of where I was practicing. Meant i never had a really long walk even if bike used more than expected (float valve can stick or bike can get dropped a bit causing more fuel to run out)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dadof2 said:

Put a spare 3 or 4 litres in a can in a rucksack. Then you can ride your bike until it runs out. You then know how far you can go and fill up from your can to get back.

When I use to practice quite a bit and ride a few miles to get to my practice area I use to carry a litre bottle of spare fuel. I would then hide it somewhere within a mile or 2 of where I was practicing. Meant i never had a really long walk even if bike used more than expected (float valve can stick or bike can get dropped a bit causing more fuel to run out)

21 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

With a mix of 1st to 4th most of the time in 3rd I have been able to get maybe 23 miles tops so if your running mostly 1st to 3rd I would guess maybe 15 miles...

I want to say thank you! Dadof2, some great ideas! johnnyc21, that helps alot as well, i'm still ring to clear more trails, late Fall I will make headway once leaves drop etc, !