Higher bars needed for 4ride

scratcher

Hi guys. Im looking for a higher bar height.standing on the pegs im too crouched over at 6'5". Ive ordered a bar riser which will give me 30mm more. Ye thunk thats enough. Or woukd i need higher bar rise as well to be comfortable. Cheers

Be aware that a 30mm riser will not give a vertical bar height increase of 30mm on the Montesa, it gives 30mm at 90 degrees to the face of the clamp.  Thus they move the bars back as well as up.  This may solve your problem or it may introduce another issue.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

38 minutes ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

Be aware that a 30mm riser will not give a vertical bar height increase of 30mm on the Montesa, it gives 30mm at 90 degrees to the face of the clamp.  Thus they move the bars back as well as up.  This may solve your problem or it may introduce another issue.

Yea yer right. Someone i knowho fitted this said that..the bars come further back than up.better fur trail riding. Not trial.which will suit me. I like trail. With an od section like trials...more enduro ish..thanks Man.

Having done a lot of trail, dual sport and endure type riding before getting into trials I would think a set of 5.5 or 6.0 high bend trials bars would work better.  I admit its more money but at 6' 5" the flexibility of position to roll the handle bar forward for a more open riding position would be much better than the risers from my experience.  

I admit I am only 5' 10" but I have been on small cramped bikes and a set of taller bars instead of risers really gave me a lot better experience.  And I would think with the position of the bar clamp on a Montesa this would be even more true.  

If you do decide to get a set of high bend bars I know at least Jitsie has both 5.5 and 6 and I think S3 has at least 5.5 and might have 6 as well, however I am not sure about Renthal.  

Good luck what ever direction you go.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks fred..im 6'5". Ive ordered a bar riser.to a max of 25.mm.which will bring iy back slightly..better fur trail riding..

Hi fred..tried the bar risers that actualy bring tbe bars back rather than up..i find them too far back. Ive now ordered different risers. That project the bar forward n  straight up..the ines that i had on nearly threw me oer the bars 3 times..hopin these new one will make it better...or al change to higher bars..

• 5 weeks later...

I'm 6'1 and added a 5.5 rise within the first few weeks of ownership as I found I was too cramped on the going (mainly riding long distance trials). So I have now added a bar riser to the higher bars and the improvement is great.....there is however a downside, that the leverage is now so great on a small clamp the bars have a tendency to rotate if the going gets tough.

Seriously thinking of going back to just the upswept bars and putting up with discomfort when standing up on the longer stages between sections.