mrmend

Hebo baggy trousers

Has anyone here bought Hebo baggy trousers and how do they compare to the usual lycra trousers ?. I cannot find any reviews on these trousers and my old Hebo lycra ones are just about worn out. I am 70 years old and not a sprightly rock hopper. Thanks for any info good or bad.

very good, i wanted some to go over my boots rather than tuck in.  my only criticism would be the pathetic nylon zips at the bottom, lasted about 2 trials, thankfully they have velcro as well but even that has given up now, time to approach a sewing person and get some proper zips put in.  i would give them 8/10. because in my view a manufacturer like hebo should know better than to put a zip in that you normally find on some persons 'make up bag'  especially given they are £100 ++

hope this helps

I used to wear trousers outside in the days of trials wellies.  They did have a propensity for catching on the footrests when going for a dab, with undesirable consequences.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

Thank you for all your replies. I think I will stick with the lycra as they have lasted well. It is a shame that a top manufacture such as Hebo try to cut corners by fitting low quality items, also I had forgotten about the trousers catching on the bike, something I used to do quite regular on the kickstart when I was young.

Thank you all again

If like me  you are that age, just buy a nice white boiler suit. I was good enough for Jackie Stewart, then it's good enough for me.

I've been eyeing up motocross trousers for this purpose, as I'm not super keen on lycra (I have some Hebo lycra ones and they're not very comfy, so I've just been wearing stretch denim jeans from Tesco recently)

Just ordered a pair of Wulf MX trousers because they were in an excellent colour and on sale, hopefully they'll be more suitable for autumn than the jeans ...