Front wheel question

ukmatador

I'm afraid that I don't have either parts book to hand. However based on my knowledge of Bultaco parts books, I can almost be sure that these parts will have different part numbers.

Can you be a little more specific?

As the hub, brake plate, spokes, rim etc... will all have bike specific part numbers.

Edited by model80

My 1969 Matador has the wrong front wheel. There is an opportunity to buy a complete front wheel from the afore mentioned El Montadero. It looks very similar to the correct Matador wheel when Googling images but require conformation before purchase. If it is different will stick with my existing wheel. John

Hi , the model 26 mk 3 matador has a different front wheel to all varients of the el montadero. However the mk4 model 75 matador does share the same front wheel as both the model 70 and 81 el montaderos . However (again) ! both wheels should fit apart from maybe the spindle size as the matadors shared the leading axle fork bottoms with the Sherpa and the el montaderos had the same bottoms as the pursang .What front wheel is fitted at present , post a pic and maybe we could identify it

• Like 3

Thanks guys,I just love Forums, the wealth of knowledge is outstanding. This is the full story:- 

I think I am right in saying that MK3 Matador's are thin on the ground in the Uk and never imported in any number. Mine is a US import from California and has been fitted, badly with a 19 inch front wheel instead of the usual 21 inch. apparently better in sand? The front wheel is from an OSSA so the brake is now on the left not the right as it would be with the correct front wheel. I assume it still uses the Bultaco spindle but had to make up a spacer to centre the wheel in the forks. This all now works fine and is good on the road. Trying to find the specs of both the Matador and El montadero has proved difficult but spent a fair bit of time on Google last night and think I have finally answered my own question. I think I am correct in saying that the Matador has a 160mm diameter brake and the El Montadero is 140mm diameter, so whilst it looks like the right type of hub it would still be incorrect so might as well stick with the OSSA wheel. Is the above ramble correct?  John

Edited by ukmatador