Newbie Questions

dingle

So I am now the proud owner of a 2000 / 2001 Beta Rev 3 250, (I think) and I have many questions so apologies in advance.

I bought the bike with no manual etc etc so ....

1. What tyre pressures should I be running, and what sort of tyres should I be looking at putting on it. (The ones on it are very perished so will want replacing at some point) 

2. How much 2 stroke oil per litre of petrol etc.

3. What gear box oil / how often should I change it.

4. Is there a way to find out exactly what age / bike I have ? I have the frame number etc.

5. Where can I buy a large box of talent.

Thabk you for any responses you can offer (p*** taking or helpful) 

I would post up a picture but since photo bucket has closed down I no longer know how to ? 

ps. After my "little off" last weekend and resulting bike on top of me grinding away at my leg I have fitted a lanyard kill switch today. 

Edited by dingle

If your bike has upside down forks - 2000.  Conventional forks with the air filter cover on the side 2001/2.

I emailed Beta for a manual specific for my model and they send me a scanned copy - very nice of them.  If you send me your email address, I will send it on.  BTW, mine is a Blue 2001.

• Like 1

Thank you Katana I will do that ..... you have thrown me a curve ball now though, on searching through the beta forum I found someone had posted a picture of "whomademybike.com" on looking at that with the frame number it told me it was a 2000 bike, but it has conventional forks on it and air filter cover on the side...... it might not even be a Rev 3 I suppose .... the guy I bought it off said it was and it has a sticker on the rear mudguard saying Rev 3 but that does look almost aftermarket ..... mine is kinda purple mostly with a purple front mudguard, it has a red "Beta" on the tank on a white background, a yellow "racing" on the seat area and a red "Rev 3" on the rear mudguard. 

Edited by dingle

Sounds like a 2001. Email the frame number to Beta UK and ask them the age & cc and they'll get back to you.

1. What tyre pressures should I be running, and what sort of tyres should I be looking at putting on it. (The ones on it are very perished so will want replacing at some point) 

I put Michelin X11 tyres on mine, they're great

I use about 85ml per 6l of petrol 

4. Is there a way to find out exactly what age / bike I have ? I have the frame number etc.

As for talent, have you joined ESTC and come down for a practice? Probably see you about if so....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lopez said:

Sounds like a 2001. Email the frame number to Beta UK and ask them the age & cc and they'll get back to you.

I put Michelin X11 tyres on mine, they're great

I use about 85ml per 6l of petrol 

As for talent, have you joined ESTC and come down for a practice? Probably see you about if so....

Thanks for the info .... ESTC ?