Beta Evo 4t 2016 model throttle.

chappo

Everyone that I seem to meet advises me to change the standard Domino throttle on the bike saying it's fast action, which I agree is correct.

The only substitute I've been offered is the same brand but a plastic one from a two stroke model. I accept that this willl work fine, but it's so flimsy, with a push on top, no screw to secure it. I do spend a fair bit of time picking it up off the ground and just think a tip off onto a rock and the throttle housing will just pop open and I'll spend half an hour trying to recover the bits. ( I know your dying to say , become a better rider and don't fall off, I'm working on it believe me ).

The question, I'd like to keep the metal throttle housing and there are several metal slow action tubes in the market for sale, ( Apico is one of them, I'm sure there's more ), has anyone put one of these into the original ,rather than swapping for the plastic version. Amal also do a metal throttle assembly, anyone tried one of these.

What gearing are people using on these, just been advised to change the original front from 11 to 9, which I've done, (42) on the back, makes it very slow in first and second. Anyone using 10/42 ?

Just come off a Montesa 4RT, whole new ball game.

Hi Chappo,

Give one of the Domino slow throttles a try, riding twin shocks and pre 65 means they are the go to throttle assy.

I have never had a problem with them, they are so easy to service pop off the cap remove cable slide off the bar 

clean and lube reassemble and away you go.I have been carrying a spare one for 10 years in my collection of spares and it is still in the packet :mellow:

Leave it slightly loose so you can just twist it on the bar when griping with both hands so if you drop it and it slides up tight you can twist it back

to free it off without the need to carry any tools ( Allen key).

I think the colour code is Black tube for slow and white tube for fast.

I don't have a modern bike but a good friend suggested that I would be so much happier on the Beta 4t even though I am a big Honda fan.

So we should see you moving up the results sheet.

• Like 1

10/42 works for me and best throttle i found for it is the amal 80/200. Good throttle and simple swap. You will notice two holes for cable on the carb end of the cable. If change to amal simply put the nipple in the opposite hole to standard then the cable fits perfectly. Same action as domino slow action throttle

• Like 1

Thanks Timdog, that was the answer I was looking for.

i actually have an Amal 80/200 sat on my 340 Sherpa in the garage,I'll swap it till I can get one ordered , thanks a lot.

Ill order a 10 front sprocket as well as that seems to be the gearing of choice with owners, the 9 does make 1 very slow.

Cheers everyone.

Nzralphy,

Try to derscribe it as per a clock face.

If closed is at 12, then the original Beta fast action throttle opened to 9.

The Amal goes from 12 to 7, doesn't seem a lot but it makes a big difference. You can still wind the throttle to fully open without having to rotate your hand, i.e. Move it further round the throttle to achieve full throttle which you have to on some slow action throttles.

Not used it in a trial yet, that's on Monday. ?

On 24/08/2017 at 7:15 PM, chappo said:

Got it , fitted it, easy job as you said timdog .

Really nice feel to it and less aggressive than the original.

IMG_2181.JPG

I run the same throttle. The standard one is too aggressive .