should i buy help please

yogibear

Have got a montesa 315 at the moment but a guy has a  TRS 280 2016  for sale near me and am very tempted with an upgrade ;-) What are they like to ride if anyone has had a montesa before as dont do much but want to get back into it with a newer bike. Am i better spending a bit more on a TRS one as never looked at the TRS before but look great value for what you get when looking at others. Any advice  would be great, thanks

Here is copy of advert

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trials-bike-TRS-280-2016-road-registered-/263155618206?hash=item3d454c119e:g:zBgAAOSwX99ZmF4i

• Like 1

Having owned a montesa 315r now a 2016 trs 300 i can tell you that all the trs are very smooth, build quality is great, it has been very well thought out. You will notice a big diference weight wise as  the trs is 65kg its a lot lighter and handles really well. Get a test ride on it to see what you think of it. 

• Like 1

My TRS is now 6 months old. I changed the slide in the carb to make it a little richer.

Other things that I have changed I do to other bikes like fitting Raptor pegs, Renthal bars and I've raised the gearing. I recently fitted a thinner clutch plate to make the clutch lighter but I think this is common on bikes with a diaphragm clutch such as GG, Ossa, Scorpa and Sherco.

Still very impressed with it and would recommend one.

No real issues to report.

Edited by baldilocks

• 11 months later...
On 8/25/2017 at 12:25 PM, baldilocks said:

My TRS is now 6 months old. I changed the slide in the carb to make it a little richer.

Other things that I have changed I do to other bikes like fitting Raptor pegs, Renthal bars and I've raised the gearing. I recently fitted a thinner clutch plate to make the clutch lighter but I think this is common on bikes with a diaphragm clutch such as GG, Ossa, Scorpa and Sherco.

Still very impressed with it and would recommend one.

No real issues to report.

Hi

What number slide did you get and did you change the needle also ?

Cheers

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2017 at 11:10 AM, dwb5151 said:

If i where to buy a new trs the one thing which i would do is put a wider skid plate on it, to help protect it. I am still considering getting it for my one at the minute.

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/csp-sump-guard-plate-trs.html

@dwb5151 : Did you purchase this & if so how did it work out? There are zero reviews so far. Sorry to everyone else for zombie thread revival!

• 2 weeks later...