4RT Gasket Problem

djr_austin

I'm in the US suffering from a lack of local parts supply :-( . Working on an oil filter change I damaged the flywheel cover gasket.  Its going to take 8 days to get one shipped from the UK.  Several questions:

- Does anyone know the correct gasket type if I want to try and cut one from sheet (thickness and type)?
- Anyone in the US got a better supply channel than overseas shipment (my usual group of providers don't seem to stock it)?
- Anyone tried to use one of the silicon goo product to fix something like this?

Thanks
Darran

you could try looking for one to fit  a CRF engine....its the same basic engine...just give the part number to any Honda dealer..dont tell them its a montesa , just ask for the gasket...pt no 11395-nn4-000...they usually break where the triangle shaped wire grommet fits...if that's where its broken, or anywhere else for that matter, ive used flexible engine gasket sealant in the past and it works fine...

14 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

If you grease the gasket before use there's a better chance of it not tearing.

?Have been using same gasket many times by doing this .

have also used a bit of sealant if a gasket tears just to make sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 9:10 AM, djr_austin said:

I'm in the US suffering from a lack of local parts supply :-( . Working on an oil filter change I damaged the flywheel cover gasket.  Its going to take 8 days to get one shipped from the UK.  Several questions:

- Does anyone know the correct gasket type if I want to try and cut one from sheet (thickness and type)?
- Anyone in the US got a better supply channel than overseas shipment (my usual group of providers don't seem to stock it)?
- Anyone tried to use one of the silicon goo product to fix something like this?

Thanks
Darran

Yep, Dennis at Overland, located in PA. As everyone notes, great guy to do business with. Order extra gaskets for the season.

• Like 1