Montesa 4 Ride

hyndy55

Well I'm no trials expert but have spent time on both the 4Ride and 4Rt it will do all that the 4Rt will do till the seat unit gets in your way. they made the seat unit I little wide on the side panels and could have pulled it into the seat width a wee bit more but it is nice to have a proper seat fuel tank and unless you intend using it in proper trials events it a cracking bike in the hands of a expert he would still look like a expert riding it I love my 4ride

I admit I haven't been on a 4 Ride, however having been on a 4T Scorpa T-Ride (Yamaha based engine) and have a seat for my 07 4RT (use it for the extra fuel storage under the seat on long trail rides) I suspect the below to be about the same as this experience.  

With the gears being spaced different between the 4 Ride and the 4RT and the foot peg position is a little different as well.  I would expect the 4 Ride will be a little nicer for short road sections and trail riding than a 4RT with a seat.  Much the same as the T-Ride was.

Not sure if that helps but my thoughts any way.

Whilst I own a 4RT, I have only had a brief shot on a 4 Ride.  It was the dealer's personal machine and had a few modifications (but I can't recall what they were beyond lowering the gearing to get better response for crossing ditches etc ).  I have to say that on the section type going, which was all that was available at the small venue, I felt a bit nervous being perched up on what felt like a high seat (my enduro days were a long time ago) with the longer suspension compared to the 4RT.  I'm not convinced Senor Bilbao didn't have the trials suspension at the Scottish.

For use as a trail bike the biggest weakness is standard top gear being the same as the 4RT meaning that 50 is the comfortable top whack on the road for extended periods, for one of my mechanical sensibilities, (other folk may well disagree) which is not so useful/safe depending how much and what type of roads you have to use. I'd really not want to be a mobile chicane for idiot motorists on the typical 60 limit roads.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke