2018 beta

allymo73

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, scottishsteve said:

anyone got the 2018 ? is it better than the 2017 or the same ? 

got a 2018     250   awesome bike   ,had a 2017 factory , seems  as good as that ,   love it 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I see on the Beta website they say the 2018 has ‘larger oil pump for decreased engine brakeing’.

hmmm- I seem to have trouble imagining how a larger oil pump descreases engine braking?  Does it really work? or is the ‘twin spark control’ actually do more?   Or is it all just hype.

1 hour ago, lotus54 said:

I see on the Beta website they say the 2018 has ‘larger oil pump for decreased engine brakeing’.

hmmm- I seem to have trouble imagining how a larger oil pump descreases engine braking?  Does it really work? or is the ‘twin spark control’ actually do more?   Or is it all just hype.

I don't get that either,sounds b-----ks 

out of curiosity, I did look up the part numbers for the 2016 and 2018.  there is a change in number for the oil pump.

I'm still not sure how that would help engine braking.  I suspect sales staff not knowing, and perhaps the new 'twin spark' CDI making the change?  Since I've been riding 2-strokes for years and like the minimal engine braking, I am interested.

Mark

Funny, most 4t riders like the braking. Otherwise they would buy the 2 stroke. Reality is all 4 strokes are big and heavy. But my son at almost 6 foot 5 loves the 4t the way it is and will be buying a 2018 factory if they don't change it much.

On 25/10/2017 at 6:06 PM, lotus54 said:

Something lost in translation perhaps?

• 2 months later...

On 10/25/2017 at 6:06 PM, lotus54 said:

I see on the Beta website they say the 2018 has "larger oil pump for decreased engine braking"

An oil pump absorbs some of the engine power because it has a small resistance to being turned due to the pumping, their new pump must offer a little less resistance to being turned, this will of course save .00000000001 of a BHP and you will definitely notice the decrease in engine braking because of it turning easier.   NOT!

• Like 1