2017 clutch

malcolm

When I pull the clutch lever it seems to feel solid after just pulling it in halfway. Sometimes it will release and operate as it should but then after pulling the lever a few more times it will feel solid again causing the clutch to drag. Does anybody know what this is?

Had same issue some years ago on a new 280 , in our case it was the allen bolt loose  [the one with the oil feed

hole in it ] as it was a new bike took it back to the dealers and was fixed while we waited

Hope this assists you

Had a gg where the bolt head had sheared and was just sitting there blocking the slave cylinder. Really lucky it didnt work itself out and cause damage. Do it ASAP!

Some people run without the bolt in place to no detriment of the bike. I prefer running with it.

Regarding thread lock, it probably wouldnt do any harm, just be careful not to block the bolts centre hole.

If youre doing this yourself, when you have the clutch cover off, remember to keep the water pump drive aligned and the kickstart shim in place. 10 minute job btw :)

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

Regarding threadlock:

Be careful with it, don't use too much and I would suggest using the "blue" vs the "red" (what we have in the States) .

The blue will allow for removal, whereas the red is almost permanent.  

The head on my bolt is not very thick so there is not much material for the Allen wrench to grab onto and could strip easily, I think it is a 3 mm or 4 mm