Hydraulic clutch/spokes

neandethal

Hi,

Just a couple of questions about classic trials events and bike spec.

The clutch on my Ossa MAR is heavier than the one on my Ducati, and on Ebay you can buy some really cheap chinese hydraulic clutch kits whihc might bring a solution to the heaviness, would these be allowed in twin shock trials or is it deemed out of keeping?

Secondly, as acquired the bike is missing one spoke out of each wheel, can you buy single spokes, if so from where, or would it not be a scrutineering failure?

Thanks for any advice offered. regards, Ian.

Buy some Barnett friction plates which allow less tension on the springs due to their higher friction material. If that isn't enough lengthen the clutch arm on the casing which will give a lighter pull. You hardly need to use the clutch on a MAR anyway.

Not sure about rules for hydraulics, probably varies from club to club but I'm not convinced it would make much difference on a standard set up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neandethal said:

Hi,

Just a couple of questions about classic trials events and bike spec.

The clutch on my Ossa MAR is heavier than the one on my Ducati, and on Ebay you can buy some really cheap chinese hydraulic clutch kits whihc might bring a solution to the heaviness, would these be allowed in twin shock trials or is it deemed out of keeping?

Secondly, as acquired the bike is missing one spoke out of each wheel, can you buy single spokes, if so from where, or would it not be a scrutineering failure?

Thanks for any advice offered. regards, Ian.

Cant speak for modern clubs but every classic club i know of outlaws hydraulic controls so the bike would become ineligible. As for spokes i have never bought just one but i am sure Central Wheel will sell you one of each.