After market front wheel

djr_austin

I'm looking to lighten the front end on my 2017 4RT - potentially with an after market front wheel.  The 300RR front end is much lighter - I have to believe that shaving weight there is worth the cost. Anyone have any recommendations on where I could get a spoked rim for it - in the US or in the UK?  Anyone have any thoughts about other worthwhile mods to make the front end lighter?

Thanks

The 300 has lighter forks and more power. New front wheel is not going to do much. I just happened to ride both bikes back to back this week. The 300 does feel waay better. Or you could buy a pipe and new forks.

Edited by lineaway

If you really feel that the front needs to be lighter for performance reasons (though the results of others would suggest there is not a problem), a wheel is only tinkering round the edges of the issue.  Moving the footrests back would surely have a much greater effect on the liftability of the front end, if that is what you seek to address, but would have other effects also of course.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

• 2 weeks later...

I move the pegs back on every bike, as it achieves exactly what your trying to get, a lighter feeling front end.  I like the S3 steel pegs with the 10mm offset rearward.  I have found that on my 300rr with the rearward pegs my kickstart lever does snag annoyingly on the right peg.