Bultaco m27 San Antonio

garys120

Hi Gary, just wanted say I'll be watching this thread.. I have a M27 that I've been trying to find time to work on on for last year.. So please post pics and progress.. Seeing these posts reminds that I need to get my bum in the garage and get to work on it...btw I believe mine has the aftermarket clamp

Jon

image.jpeg

Hi Jon,

I will definitely post photos of her progress.

I'm just waiting for the chainguard to be made, as the bracket on top of the swing arm was cut off at some point and I need to mock up the chain guide and  chainguard to set the correct bracket location before I strip her down!

this is how she stands now. The photos aren't the best as my phone camera isn't too good.

all the best

Gary.20170808_122304.jpg20170808_121939.jpg

• Like 3

The clamp that's on her will do for now but it's the original I'm after.

I've taken your advice Scot and emailed Hugh's Bultaco and Hogan cycles so thank you again ever so much for the contact.

One will turn up at some point!

all the best

Gary.

• Like 1

Fabulous looking bike there Gary. Thanks for the photos. M27s are not often seen on the forums and I've never seen one in real life.

I did look at an M49 that was for sale nearby years ago (pre-digital photos) that still had the original triples with the U bolts and the welded-on control levers on the bars. I'll see if I can find the photos I took at the time.

I remember the seller had some parts that went with the sale, including spare crank seal carriers. He told me it was routine maintenance on the bike to change the crank seals every couple of months, so he bought spare seal carriers so the bike would be pulled down for the minimum time. I'm glad that crank seal life has improved since then.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, twinnshock said:

The fiirst M10 that I owned was fitted with a rather sturdy top yoke with clamps similar to the later type. The stalks supporting the handlebars were best described as flared into the top of the yoke part. After a bit of research I found that this part was an after market replacment made by Sandiford in the UK.  I believe others also made replacements. These were made and sold due to the original parts being a bit fragile and prone to breaking. Given a choice I would prefer one of these after market parts as they were stronger and also still a period part/mod.

In my many years of Bultaco ownership I have broken a top yoke only once and this was a model 80 later clamp type. Came to a rather abrupt stop at the bottom of a ditch and the yoke snapped with my full weight hitting the handlebars.

Stuart

This post by twinshock answers a question I've had for a while regarding a mystery top yoke I have on a M10 project, originally thought it was a Sammy Miller item but it never quite matched the picture I never knew that Sandiford made them !

These are photos of my top yoke they look identical to me anybody have any ideas what other aftermarket items they made for Sherpas ??

This forum is great the way if you follow the regularly posts about one bike answers other questions keep up the good work.

DSCN7667.JPG

DSCN7671.JPG

• Like 1

This is the top yoke fitted to a model 10 I had up until 2009 since gone to France. Assumed by the "S & M" stamped on the clamps that it was a Sammy Miller item, different to the one shown above. Bike was also fitted with what I assumed were a Sammy Miller brake pedal and mudguard stays, and an M27 "style" alloy tank with monza cap. Oh and by the way those are what I believe to be the original  handlebars with built in perches for the levers.

sEPT08 168.jpg

Edited by esuark7
  • Like 1

I want to say a huge thank you to all. Without all your help and advice I couldn't of got the parts organised so quickly! 

I'm almost there. Complete top yoke is sorted, nos levers sorted (the handlebars are a possibility), inlet manifold for the IRZ too!

There are still a few bits but mainly cosmetic which I can source here and in Spain, so once the post starts arriving I can finally make a start in her. Can't wait!!!

Honestly a huge thank you to every one of you, your great guys.

all the best for now

Gary.

• Like 1

Mark your 27 is stunning, thanks for putting it up.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier it's been chaos the last few days and just didn't have the time to come on.

I'd like to rack your brains at some point if that's ok? There are few bits with no reference to in the manual, e.g. Fixining point of the silencer, whether the the rear mudguard had a recessed pressing to cover the chainguard/silencer..

Be nice to see the other side of your bike too..

all the best for now

Gary.

• Like 1