Steepening the steering head angle - TLR 200

bigmike1961

I parked both 4rt and tlr against the garage wall with wheels on and then measured the 4rt and set the tlr to the same - spindle to wall, top of forks to the wall.

Cut bottom tubes and bottom of top tube and pulled in.

I think I lost about an inch on wheel base so added to end of swingarm. Left shock mounts as they were so I guess increased wheel travel slightly as well.

Steering went from moving a tiller to a modern feel and put less strain on my arms and shoulders.    

I left mine standard for a while but did find the front end lift to easily -especially on tougher sections plotted for modern bikes.

If you were only riding classic trials probably not too much of an issue.

Best way is to leave and see what you think -can be done after.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2017 at 1:16 PM, jimmyl said:

I parked both 4rt and tlr against the garage wall with wheels on and then measured the 4rt and set the tlr to the same - spindle to wall, top of forks to the wall.

Cut bottom tubes and bottom of top tube and pulled in.

I think I lost about an inch on wheel base so added to end of swingarm. Left shock mounts as they were so I guess increased wheel travel slightly as well.

Steering went from moving a tiller to a modern feel and put less strain on my arms and shoulders.    

That's a good idea, I could compare the Scorpa & TLR.